Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chirleyrene Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Want to be a home owner
    Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and separate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? Because I want to buy a house of my own, But first I have to get my credit together, how long do will you think it would take to get my credit together, so I can buy a house of my own?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 06:04 AM
    You need to contact a lawyer who will give you every detailed information and guidance that you need.
    chirleyrene Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    You need to contact a lawyer who will give you ever detailed information and guidance that you need.
    Thank you
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chirleyrene
    thank you
    Welcome.
    Tell your lawyer everything and everything and he can guide you throuoghly OK :)
    Good Luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chirleyrene
    Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and seperate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? because I want to buy a house of my own, But first I have to get my credit together, how long do will you think it would take to get my credit together, so I can buy a house of my own?
    What you want is to have your soon to be ex buy out your share of the house. This is usually done as part of the divorce agreement.

There is nothing, other than your credit and financial status to prevent you froim buying another home even while you are part owner of the current one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Park owner demands fee foe selling mobile home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. First post/question here. Please advise if possible. My wife & I own a mobile home in a mobile home park here in California. We just received our new lease paperwork, and in it, there is a new stipulation. The park owner is demanding a 5% "fee" or "commission" from any park resident...

Owner of car [ 3 Answers ]

I and my spouse own a vehicle. I would like to know if a title loan is put on the car will I also be responsible for this loan which I did not sign.

Owner financing [ 20 Answers ]

I'm the seller, doing owner financing, which has turned out to be a nightmare! I had legal contracts that were checked out by an attny. It has been a year, they only made the min. pmts, no deposit or down pmt. But seemed to take exc. Care of the property and seemed very happy there. Without...

Am I Half Owner Or Not? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently my husband and I refinanced our home. I assumed that I was a joint/half owner, but when I tried using my SS # to access our mort. Account by phone I was told that I am ONLY on the note so I had to use his SS #. Meaning, so they said, that they could never go after me for payment. I...

New Daschund Owner [ 6 Answers ]

I have a brand new miniature daschund. I bought her a crate and a couple play toys. But I need advise on how much time she should be in the crate versus how much time she should be allowed out. We have only been putting her in the crate when we aren't home. She sleeps in our bed and we take her...

View more questions Search