Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edouard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Deed purchased
    My friend bought this condo last year and changed his mind and got a house a few months after and rented the condo to a couple they refused to pay rent , it's been more than 6 months now that they have been living rent free in this condo, Now he chooses to sell me this condo for a cheap price now my problem is how can I eveict those tenant and keep this condo for myself.:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Hello E:

At the top of the real estate page is the landlord tenant law for your state. In there, you'll find step by step instructions on how to evict.

excon
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Depeding on your location it could take up to a couple of months to get them out, but you will be able to. Just know that going in to the situation. And be prepared for them to possibly damage the property in the process.

Or you could offer to buy them out. Pay them enough to get settled into a new place. I'd offer this after they've been served the eviction notice (see your state's laws), as then they'll know your serious. Up until this point they haven't had to take anyone seriously because your friend obviously wasn't serious about getting them out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2008, 06:48 AM
    I think your friend doesn't know what he's doing. No way a tenant should remain in a rental for 6 months without paying.

If you want to assume this headache, that's up to you, but FIRST you should familiarize yourself with the eviction rules for your area. Generally you can serve them with a 3-10 day pay or vacate notice. If they ignore that, then you go to court for an eviction. Once the court grants the eviction order, you hire a sheriff to serve the order and physically remove them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can neuropamax be purchased? [ 1 Answers ]

Can neuropamax be purchased across the counter without a prescription?

Tax purchased property [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a tax sale property, I own the house now but the previous owner is still in the house there is no agreement between us at all what do I have to do legally to get him out so I can flip this property?

Purchased made [ 2 Answers ]

I made a purchased of a vase, using one of those blank checks The cred card company sends you. But they charged me cash advance fee. On the purchase. Does that sound right??

View more questions Search