Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trebonus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Replacing Hot Water Radiators with Hot Water Baseboards
    I have a hot water heating system with radiators, and I want to replace the radiators in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms (2) with hot water baseboards. Can radiators and baseboards be mixed and if so, how do I determine the size of the baseboards?
    Airwren Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2006, 05:56 AM
    The quick answer is yes you can change them. The way that is mostly followed is approximately the length of the window, although that is a haphassard approach. The way that should be done is an accurate heat loss, followed by the output of the baseboard per foot.
    saffle Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trebonus
    I have a hot water heating system with radiators, and I want to replace the radiators in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms (2) with hot water baseboards. Can radiators and baseboards be mixed and if so, how do I determine the size of the baseboards?
    Just be aware that baseboard units have much less heat output. I've elected to go the other way. I salvaged old cast iron radiators and installed a few instead of the baseboards that went along the whole room and did not heat sufficiently. We are now warm and toasty.
    You would be wise to get a pro to evaluate what you want to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot radiators but no hot water [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there I hope someone can help me. I have a problem with my hot water, the heating is on and the radiators are roasting hot but I have no hot water if someone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Jennifer

Warm radiators when the heating is off, and hot water is on [ 0 Answers ]

Please Help, Does anyone know what the problem is with my central heating system. The radiators in the house are warm, but I have not been calling for central heating, only water. Radiators are warm both upstairs and down. I have a gas fired boiler down stairs in the kitchen and hot water...

No hot water in shower after replacing faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any...

Filling the radiators + high pressure in hot water system... => ? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, new house to my wife and I... we've had it less than a month and two days ago it was time to turn the heat on. This is an old hot water system, no pump (works by gravity) in a three story house. The radiator in the master bathroom wasn't full, so I tried to bleed it. Just a little air...

Radiators heat when only Hot water on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Mains Pressure Hot Water Cylinder. When I turn on the hot water only; after about 15 minutes some radiators begin to heat. The plumber says this is backwash and I should turn the hot water off after 15 minures to solve the problem. I think in a new, modern system,...

View more questions Search