Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Trying to potty train
    I just bought a miniature dachsund for my son. The lady who had him said that she had started potty training him until she got hurt and could not tend to him anymore. He is 9 weeks old and I have bought the potty pads for him. I have put the potty pad out and noticed that he will pee on the pad but don't seem to know that he needs to do his other business on it as well.

I have never had to potty train a dog before and I've heard stories of how people trained there's but it just don't seem appropriate for a small dog his size. We do take him outside in hopes that he understands that he needs to do his business out there when we are home or try and do his business on the pads when we are not.

Is there any suggestions on how to complete this task? I have even bought him special treats but have not started giving it to him because not sure how to approach it. He has not gone outside yet in order for me to reward him.

Please help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251809

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old won't potty train [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I have a 3 year old son as well as a 9 month old son and a 10 year old daughter. I have been having a very difficult time trying to train him to go on the potty. I think I have tried about every pull up out there, even the one that goes cold when he goes, but all he did was laugh that it went...

Potty train for my shih tzu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a 8 weeks old shih tzu. I work long hours so I plan to potty train him indoor. I use newspaper in the crate and he pees on it, but when I let him out, he won't do it but instead he pees on the carpet. Sometimes when I caught him when he need to go, so I put him on the paper he just...

Potty Train 21mths. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... back history... my daughter is almost 21mths now and seems interested in using the potty. Problem is she won't take off her diaper. When she was about 14-15 months she use to take off her diaper and I would scold her for it and so she stopped and that was the end of it. But now that she wants...

How do I potty train my 9 month old cat? [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old cat potty's on everything! He knows how to use a litter box but I want him to go outside so I don't have a stinky litter box. So I put him outside after he eats and when I let him in he pottys on something. And I know he goes outside because lately he has been outside most of the...

How do I train my 5 month old Pomeranian not to go potty in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

A quick remedy for teaching my 5 month old Pomeranian, not to go potty in the house. I just bought him 2 days ago.

View more questions Search