Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbie Goodman Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 27, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Re:carpet knowledge of how long carpet has been in the apartment ?
    Does the landlord need to keep the tentant knowledgeable of how long ago the carpter was first installed in apartment?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 02:35 PM

No, I don't think that falls under the landlord/tentant act, but why would you ask? Does it look a little too dirty for human habitation?
    Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 02:42 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/interi...on-584836.html

So who is bath-13. This confusing because because it stated it was posted by Debbie Goodman.

I think Debbie has some explaining to do on this board.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Tick, you just got one of those glitches. This OP tacked her question onto that one, then posted her own new threads, twice.

A landlord doesn't have to say when carpeting was installed, unless it was stated in writing in the lease or a contract that it would be new and it isn't. But you might have to go to Small Claims with pictures ASAP if that was the case.
    Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    tick, you just got one of those glitches. This OP tacked her question onto that one, then posted her own new threads, twice.

A landlord doesn't have to say when carpeting was installed, unless it was stated in writing in the lease or a contract that it would be new and it isn't. But you might have to go to Small Claims with pictures ASAP if that was the case.
    Yes, have done this many times over the years in rental properties. I never reneged on anything but when a roadblock occurs the renter must take pictures of EVERY room, every wall, every floor, whatever if there is any chance that the landlord is going to turn the tables and claim abuse of the property.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of carpet in apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Does the landlord need to keep the tentant knowledgeable of how long ago the carpter was first installed in apartment?

How to bid on a carpet cleaning job at 5000 square feet of carpet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm bidding on a real estate contract,just doing the buffing and waxing of the tile floors every week at 280 square feet,and cleaning of the carpets bonnet cleaning weekly for spots and extractions once a month at 5000 square feet no cleaning of the building at this time.what would be the...

Stain in the Apartment Carpet [ 10 Answers ]

I vacated a one bedroom apartment with a paint stain in a 5 year old carpet. The landlord wants to charge me $300 to fix but I have phoned around and gotten quotes for the process they are saying they will perform in the $125-$150 range. I only had two days to move (moved to another apartment in...

Carpet replacement in apartment [ 2 Answers ]

What are the laws on the replacement of carpeting in an apartment? How often is it supposed to be replaced?

Overpaying for Carpet stains in an apartment [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! Help! My rental/leasing company is trying to charge me for the replacement of my previous apartments entire carpet. There were 5 ink stains in one room of the apartment. I have no problem paying for that one room, but they are insisting that I have to pay for the entire apartment....

View more questions Search