Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joseph J. Lisboa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Maytag Refrigerator MTB1956DEW cooling problems
    Top mounted freezer unit. Refrigerator compartment does not cool enough even though I set temp. control to maximum cool (value 9). Freeezer is working fine, and compressor and fans run properly. Per Maytag I cleaned back bottom compressor, fan and condenser with vacuum cleaner and brush. Still the same problem. For information, beverages and vegetables get mildly cool. Milk gets spoiled in a few days.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    VicMora Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
    My frig just started doing the same thing two days ago. I hope you have got yours fixed by now, so you can post what was wrong with it? Thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Check the duct going from freezer to ref. Be sure the damper is working properly. Be sure the evaporater fan is working. The frig is the side to warm up and not long after the freezer will warm up
    Joseph J. Lisboa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Vic-
    I got an online help which solved the problem:
    Clean very well bottom of frigid including compressor, fan and condenser (all in bottom of my unit. Then set both frigid and freezer temperature controls to "midpoint" and never move these from there. It worked fine for me.
    Good Luck
    Joseph
    shinsolja Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 09:13 PM
    Never set freezer control higher than mid point. Keep condenser clean all the time (should be done once a year). Temp or refrigerator control is your thermostat which controls the running time of your compressor. In most refrigerator the freezer control only controls a door between the fridge and freezer section that opens and closes to allow more or less air to pass from the freezer into refrigerator area. If you turn the freezer control on the high the door will close more which mean the refrigerator section will get less cold air from the freezer. In most refrigerator, always turn freezer control to the mid point or lower... Hope I help any more than confusing you all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Maytag Frig not cooling [ 59 Answers ]

Our 4 year old Maytag refrigerator (MTB2156GE) is not providing adequate cooling. We pulled it out and cleaned behind and below- all systems appear to be working, but even as we adjust thermostat for cooler temp, it remains tempid inside. Frig has also been making some loud noises- almost like the...

Maytag fridge not cooling II [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I'm a newbie - earlier this year there was a thread describing a problem and solutions almost identical to mine. I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator Model # MTB1956GE*. Like "Maytag fridge not cooling", my evap fan (the one that cools the coils on bottom/rear of fridge) won't always kick on...

Matag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help on Refrigerator cooling issue. My maytag MSB2554AR side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. I have found that the back side of the freezer gets frosted up. I cleaned the coils in back and defrosted the freezer coils. After about t weeks I am running into the same problem. Any...

My Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And...

View more questions Search