Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauliemigs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Television looks blue
    Hi. The other night I turned my television (25" CRT) to the side so I could see it from the other room. When I turned it back, the picture suddenly had a blue cast over it, like the tint was set incorrectly. Now it fluctuates back & forth between a normal-looking picture and a mostly blue picture. Hitting the side of the TV will sometimes force it back to normal. Is the picture tube shot?

Thanks! :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Sounds like an intermiddent connection, May be a plug in connector came loose.
    If you are comfortable with TV repair, and understand chassis can be hot(live), and the high voltage line to tube, then I would remove back, stay insulated and with insulated tool,
    Poke around, jiggle and try to determine bad connection, Could even be a cracked board,
    Or solder connection, Magnifier will help. A mirror so you can see picture will be helpful, or a second set of eyes. Stay insulated and Safe, Good Luck
    Intermittent parts are less common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Television [ 1 Answers ]

How has television changed our society?

Television movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need help trying to track down the name of a movie that played on TV one weekend (4/1-2). I only caught the tail end. I think a man was having an affair and the girlfriend got pregnant. He caused a car accident, killing her. Not sure what happened to the baby. The very end, his wife leaves...

View more questions Search