Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chapjohns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 09:43 AM
    LT 160 Kohler engine When I move the throttle the engine stays at maximum speed
    The throttle cable is like new and works smoothly. It looks like the mechanical link age is working. The engine appears to stay at max speed. I do not hear the engine speed up when I engage the mower. I used to always hear the govenor increase when the mower was engaged
    Cedarghost Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 12:01 PM
    Have you adjusted or removed the governor for any reason? If so, make sure to get it set back correctly. You generally loosen the governor arm lock nut, rotate the governor linkage to "wide-open", turn the governor control rod all the way in the same direction as you did the linkage, then tighten the nut down. This will get it "statically set". You will need a tool to adjust high and low rpm governor control based on what is recommended for your engine, but basically the "tool" bends the tang that is holding the governor springs.
    Are you sure the blades are actually engaging?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2011, 06:46 PM

Check the butterfly on the carb make sure the linkage is moving it .
    The linkage can move without moving the butterfly.
    Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure Washer w/Honda GC-160 5.0 HP Engine [ 4 Answers ]

I can't find the manuel for my Pressure Washer w/Honda GC-160 5.0 HP Engine. I believe I need to mix oil into the gas for this pressure washer, but no where on the washer itself does it say. Can you tell me what the oil/gas ratio is for this engine? Or specifically how much oil to add to 1...

Cub cadet 2166 kohler 16 hp engine idles, but dies when you throttle up [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 cub cadet 2166 with a kohler 16 hp engine - it starts, idles fine, but when I throttle up past 1/2 throttle it chokes out and dies. Any ideas?

JD 160 Engine Shuts OFF & Clutch Will Not Engage [ 2 Answers ]

I have been using the mower for a while now. I replaced the battery for a regular 12V car battery. The mower starts fine but when I move the switch to get the blades spinning, the engine stops. Do you think I need a new clutch? Do you think the Battery is too powerful? Thanks for your help...

Engine stops when throttle is moved [ 1 Answers ]

This problem occurs on a John Deere L110 lawn tractor. The engine starts and runs with the throttle in the start position. As soon as the throttle is moved to the 'run' position, the engine stops. If I move the throttle back to the start position before the engine completely stops, the engine...

Engine light stays on and Engine stops at any time. [ 4 Answers ]

Had the engine light checked out by several mechanics can't find out why it stays on all the time. Plus the engine will stops running when I come to a stop. Other times I will park and go in to a store and come out and it won't start but will wait a few minutes and it will start up again. It is...

View more questions Search