Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AggieHunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Husqvarna YTH2448 engine stalls when blades engaged
    Good afternoon all,

I have a quick question that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have a Husqvarna yth 2448 that stalls when the engine is engaged after running for about 30 minutes. After the mower sits and cools off, it will cut fine again. I checked the seat sensor, not sure if that could be it or not, but seems to be intact. The engine runs fine and will start on the first turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless. Brian
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I checked the seat sensor
    Problem here is not related to seat sensor.

Change fuel filter. The signs here points to carb slowly running out of fuel in the bowl. This could be from a partially clogged fuel filter, weak fuel pump or the needle and seat valve not allowing proper amount of fuel to fill up the carb bowl to adjust to demand on fuel for carb. A bad or low float setting in the carb could also cause the same problem. Either or its running out of fuel very slowly.

1. Check fuel filter

2. Then needle and seat valve where fuel line enters into carb ( dirt can cause this in there)

3. Float in carb set low and bowl slowly runs out of fuel.

4. Weak fuel pump or a combos here.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 05:05 AM

Hi,
    I would partially agree with above. Afuel starvation problem would cause this. So would something wedged between the deck shell and a blade or a seized idler or spindle.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 03:54 PM

So would something wedged between the deck shell and a blade or a seized idler or spindle.
    Boy what that make a lot of noise after every 30 minutes of running...
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 04:45 PM

Hi,
    I re-read the question and change my diagnosis. I failed to somehow notice the time span mentioned. Clogged fuel filter, bad fuel pump, bad vacuum hose going to the pump or failing ignition would be the likely culprits.
    Sorry about the first answer, but I have answered quite a few questions today. I usually read several and then start answering; alphabetic foot-in-mouth on this one!
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 06:13 PM

Crigby No worries I've done worse then that here... Understand how it happens. Hope we nail it for the OP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower engine stops when blades are engaged [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 'Garden Tractor', model number: 917.273070. It has a Kohler engine (model number: CV22S, type number: 75534). The engine starts fine and will run without any issues in all gears. However, immediately once I engage the blade clutch the engine begins to stall. If I place the...

John Deer Hydro 175 - blades engaged kill engine [ 8 Answers ]

Issue: When blades get engaged the engine sometimes stops, when sitting for a 5 minute length of time the enging stops. Have Tried: I disconnected the safety plunger under the seat. This did work for a little while then same issue. I just bought this from my brother, he had told me of this...

JD 212 dies when blades are engaged [ 1 Answers ]

We have a JD 212 garden tractor. When you engage the blades the mower will die. Can anyone help try to explain what may be causing this problem? Jensallen.. we looked over the info you sent and found that the reason it wouldn't start was because of the carborator. Thank you so much for your help.....

Problems with husqvarna yth2448 [ 6 Answers ]

My mower stops cutting on its own, and will not start cutting again until started up again only to stop cutting again a few minutes later.:confused: :mad: :

View more questions Search