Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thumper12122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 06:55 PM
    live in New York state we have ice build up bad any ideas.
    28x42 double wide
    have 1/2 in wafer board with shingles with 1 x3 purlins with metal roof on top
    bad ice build up and runs down walls
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Water melts the snow, freezes and turns to ice. Only thing to do now is chip it away or wait till a thaw. During the fall, you can put thin heating wires on the roof but with this winter and snow, not sure they would work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice build up on Sub Zero refrigerator [ 0 Answers ]

On the back left side of the interior of the refrigerator I get a build up of ice, the refrigerator does not seem to cool properly and foods develop mold rather quickly, seems to be a lot of moisture on the inside of refrigerator.

Ice build up on freezer. [ 2 Answers ]

Ice builds up on my GE Side by Side freezer. We already replaced the defrost heater, thermostat and mother board.. Any suggestions?

Defrost / Ice build up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side and the frezzer side over freezes in addition to ice forming on the bottom. Have deefrosted and the ice forms on the bottom w/in 3-4 days. I have a repair man headed my way - but any help would be great.

Ice build up [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the drain pan on a GE profile side by side refrigerator. Getting water from bottom.

Ice build up [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my question is will a dirty filter cause ice to build up on my lines running to the outside a/c unit. I also noticed I need to re-insulate the line outside as it is cracked and weathered. My wife said she noticed freezing and ice at points where the insulation was cracked.

View more questions Search