Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2022, 02:07 PM
    Why are the Dems all dropping mask mandates at the same time ?
    Did the science change ? Or more likely they don't want the sound of truck horns blaring in front of their homes .....sky high gas prices and empty store shelves come November .
    By summer they will be gaslighting us claiming that they "defeated " the pandemic .

As for the lockdowns that we were and have been subject to ; a study of meta-analysis at John Hopkins concludes :

In the early stages of a pandemic, before the arrival of vaccines and new treatments, a society can respond in two ways: mandated behavioral changes or voluntary behavioral changes. Our study fails to demonstrate significant positive effects of mandated behavioral changes (lockdowns). This should draw our focus to the role of voluntary behavioral changes. Here, more research is needed to determine how voluntary behavioral changes can be supported. But it should be clear that one important role for government authorities is to provide information so that citizens can voluntarily respond to the pandemic in a way that mitigates their exposure.Finally, allow us to broaden our perspective after presenting our meta-analysis that focuses on the following question: “What does the evidence tell us about the effects of lockdowns on mortality?” We provide a firm answer to this question: The evidence fails to confirm that lockdowns have a significant effect in reducing COVID-19 mortality. The effect is little to none.The use of lockdowns is a unique feature of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns have not been used to such a large extent during any of the pandemics of the past century. However, lockdowns during the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic have had devastating effects. They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy. These costs to society must be compared to the benefits of lockdowns, which our meta-analysis has shown are marginal at best. Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument.

A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf (jhu.edu)

(page 40-43)
    The lone exception they noted was that the closing of bars had some effect on mortality .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2022, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    (page 40-43)
    The lone exception they noted was that the closing of bars had some effect on mortality .
    What does this mean? Please explain.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2022, 02:42 PM
    my guess is that it is an anomaly
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2022, 05:01 PM
    Could also be due to people being less subject to the health problems associated with over-drinking.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2022, 05:37 PM
    The left has had 2 days to digest the JH study . The compliant press "fact checkers" should be out by now

As for the timing of the end of the mandates ,I have to guote the guru Yogi "That's too coincidental to be a coincidence."
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2022, 04:11 AM
    The compliant press is calling for the end of silly mask mandates . Someone got their marching orders .

Mask mandates, contact tracing are going away, as states shift to new phase - POLITICO

The new phase is how to salvage the November elections .

CNN medical analyst supports Democrat-led states dropping school mask mandates: 'The science has changed' | Fox News

It’s Time to End Mandatory Masks in Schools (yahoo.com)

Revenge of the Covid Moms - Common Sense (substack.com)
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2022, 05:14 AM
    "The science has changed." Another one that made me chuckle. The politics has changed, but not the science.

After taking this pic, Senator Abrams then told the press she would not support removing mask mandates for schoolchildren.

Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2022, 05:45 AM
    She got caught so she apologized . But in her apology is another lie

“I approached the podium with my mask on, I followed the protocols. I told the kids I’m taking my mask off because I’m reading to kids who are listening remotely as well, and we were socially distanced — the kids were socially distanced from me,”
    Abrams apologizes for not wearing mask in photo with school children | TheHill
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2022, 09:47 AM
    What's the lie?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2022, 11:41 AM
    that she was socially distanced . The photo belies that . Maybe she held her breath like Eric Garcetti ?
    L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti defends maskless pictures: 'I hold my breath' (nbcnews.com)
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2022, 02:50 PM
    Yep. She was hardly "socially distanced" from the little boy to her left who was so close to her they might have been touching. She just took the mask off for a photo op. It's plainly apparent.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2022, 03:45 PM
    as if cloth masks are effective at all. CDC recommends N95 masks .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The threat of an uprising over vaccine mandates in NYC [ 11 Answers ]

“What is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up (1)---------- people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?” (2)(we are )“putting this city on notice that your mandate will not be another (3) ....social distance practice” (4) .....are not going to stand by, or you...

Did the mask mandates make a difference ? [ 26 Answers ]

That is not me asking . That is not some conspiracy kook. That is left leaning VOX asking (There I gave you a source ) “After a year of debates over mask mandates, lockdowns, and school closures, that mixed evidence might suggest a certain fatalism: Did none of these state policies really...

Is there a building code that mandates the height of a washing machine hot/cold feed? [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking to add a countertop over my washer and dryer - however the current hot/cold water feed and drain for the washing machine would be directly in the way of the counter (~41 inches). Is there a code that mandates the height of those lines or can I drop them down 12 inches or so to get...

Kidnapper with father time mask [ 1 Answers ]

It's a movie that 3 0r 4 guys wearing masks and one of them has father time mask they kidnap a teacher and her students and the escape to a cave in the mountains

Obama flips on health care mandates [ 22 Answers ]

"flip" Remember during those endlessly mind-numbing Democrat debates one of the "real " differences between the big B.O. and Evita was the issue of a mandate requiring individuals purchase health care .Evita was in favor and Obama correctly argued that mandates were wrong because a mandate...

View more questions Search