Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aul138 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 07:09 PM
    Whirlpool electric water heater - 40 gallon
    My water heater quit working and I have replaced both elements and thermostats, have power running through, but still no hot water. What else could it be?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Broken dip tube? Water turned on? Bad breaker only supplying 120V?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 30 gallon electric hot water heater lowboy built into the cabinet and leaks [ 10 Answers ]

It sits on the floor and I can't move it at all. I am not a plumber and I can't tell where the leak generates from. There is no room to take the tray off the bottom... any ideas?

20 gallon vs 30/38 gallon electric hot water heater? [ 12 Answers ]

I am faced with the same hot water heater question as others. I am building a small utility building on property on Texas Gulf Coast. Within this building I want to put a small shower stall with a hot water heater to supply this shower and occasionally use a washer. It will be for...

Where is the anode rod in a 50 gallon electric Kenmore water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad rotten egg smell. In the past I removed the rod in other water heaters, smell was gone I can't find this one. Whatttttttttttt how do I get rid of the smell?

Is a 60 amp breaker too much for a 40 gallon electric water heater? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a tankless water heater installed and after a lot of trouble with it, it died. So, I want to go back to a regular tank water heater. Can I hook it up to the existing electric service to the tankless, which is really big: two pole 60 amp breaker with a 6 or 8 wire? I have the feeling that...

80 gallon vs 2 40 gallon water heater. [ 1 Answers ]

I own a small motel that has two 40 gallon water heaters hooked up consecutively. They are about 20 years old. The furnace (hydronic heat) is hooked up to the water heaters as well and preheats the water before it goes to the 40 gallon tanks. I would like to replace the water heaters and was...

View more questions Search