Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    octoberlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Friends with benefits
    How can a person maintain the friends with benefits connection when you really only became friends just before becoming friends with benefits?

I had this experience and I think my anxiety chased him away. I really wanted to meet up again at least once but in calling I must have sounded like I had expectations when the last thing that I wanted was to impose expectations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
    I truly don't believe there is a friends with benefit situation, at least one that lasts long, since a sexual relationship, unless a person has only pleasure and no concern of relationship, can ever last.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 5, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Oh, friends with benefits never work. Just read all the posts here. One person just wants the benefits, while the other usually becomes more emotionally involved.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2006, 04:14 PM
    There's a whole previous thread here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...+with+benefits
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 5, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Hi octoberlove!

I am a prime example of what J_9 posted. I had a "friend with benefits" for 2 1/2 years. We kept the friendship when we were seeing other people just not the benefits. When neither one of us were seeing anybody then the benefits started back up again. This only ended a month ago. We are no longer friends. He still calls and wants the friendship but I think it is only because of the benefits. I one day decided that I wanted and deserved more then that. I developed feelings for him and I never told him but I think he knows.

Bottom line... I lost a friend who (in the end) wasn't REALLY my friend!

You deserve better!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends with benefits? [ 20 Answers ]

Over the last couple months I have been in a rollercoaster relationship with my ex. After about 6 weeks separated we decided to give it another try and it was barely a week together until she decided she needed more time. We decided to take a break for the summer and see how we felt in a while....

Benefits of an S corporation [ 5 Answers ]

What are the benefits of forming an S corp? I was told that with an S corp net income isn’t subject to self employment tax. So you will save on Medicare and on FICA (aka Social Security tax). Is this true?

What is [ 26 Answers ]

What is “friends with benefits” about and why do some women want these kind of relationships? Are they healthy relationships? What happens if the guy falls in love with a woman who only wants this kind of relationship?

Confusing Friendship/Friends with Benefits [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I posted with an earlier stage of this problem a while ago... but since then, things have gotten more complicated. Overview: this guy and I met over the summer, dated for a little over a month, were extremely close, went back home (we live 5 hours apart), broke up a few weeks after returning...

View more questions Search