Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sha8ba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
    How much money does he have left
    Biff earned $45 working at happy days drive-in he spent 1/3 of this money on gas for his car and 1/5 of it on flowers for his girl friend how much money does he have left for the big date
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 02:17 AM

Could you use punctuations? Those would help a lot.

Ok, you need to find how much money he is left. One method is to find how much money he spent;

$45 at first, spent 1/3 of it, then 1/5 of it.

How much is 1/3?
    1/3 * $45 = $15

How much is 1/5?
    1/5 * $45 = $9

Total money spent = 9 + 15 = $24
    So, money left = 45 - 24 = $21

The second method is finding the fraction he is left;

'Fractions' he used = 1/3 + 1/5 = 8/15
    So, fraction left = 1 - 8/15 = 7/15
    Hence, money left = 7/15 * 45 = $21

Hope it helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg [ 6 Answers ]

Any ideas what would cause this condition on a grown man? Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg. Thanks for helping

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Money left in my account [ 13 Answers ]

A large sum of money was put into my bank account about 8 months ago. I contacted the people who put it there and they asked me to write a cheque which I did. The cheque was never cashed so I cancelled it and sent another one which has never been cashed. I haven't touched the money but its in my...

Sister left husband in CA and left state with baby [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this is a big mess and long story so for those of you that read it all thanks. My younger sister just moved back in with me with her 9 month old daughter. It started that she met this guy and got pregnant. They were going to get married and then things started getting really bad so she left...

How much money will I have left? [ 3 Answers ]

I have $1.35M in a 401K and want to draw out $100k per year. If I invest the principle at 6% and draw out $100k for 25 years, how much of the principle is left? I would like to know the equation so I can do sensitivity studies on interest rates, times and withdrawal amounts. Thanks!

View more questions Search