Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanutbutter77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 11:47 AM
    How do I respond to a Florida court summons from a creditor?
    Hello,
    I am looking for guidance on what my response letter to a Florida court summons from a creditor should say.
    The plaintiff is the creditor not a collection agency. They have attached statement sheets to the summons but did not supply a signed contract, do I need to ask for one? Will that help? I know I have the debt I just can't pay what they are asking right now... do I put that in the response as well?

Check out some similar questions!

My husband is in a nursing home, does he have to respond to a court summons? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in a nursing home and cannot respond to a court summons from a debt collector.. what will happen if he doesn't show up?

How do I respond to a court summons [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant was just served papers on my investment property. I have not been served yet and I was told that I need to respond within 20 days. What do I have to do to do it myself and if I have not officially been served yet when does the this whole time thing begin? I am five months behind in the...

Received summons to respond only to credit card debt in Florida. Need to Anwer! [ 2 Answers ]

Received a Summons in Brevard County, Florida for Personal Service on Natural Person. This is a complaint/suit filed against me by Chase Bank for a credit card debt. I am in a hardship financial position where I cannot repay the credit card plus all the late and over the limit fees they have...

Formats of letters to respond to court summons [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has examples or format of letters on how to respond to a court summons? I have never been served with a summons and I am truly handicapped in this situation. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

How do I respond to a summons from a creditor [ 3 Answers ]

My husband received a summons from a creditor. It said we have 20 days to respond. I don't know how to respond. Do I have to go to the courthouse or what do I do?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.