Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattallibord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Hospital employee shared personal medical information with my husband what can I do?
    My soon to be exhusband (former hospital employee) commented to me about a breast implant issue I had years prior to meeting him. (He commented me not sharing with him I had a leak in my implant.) This was never true but made me remember my doctor requested a mammogram at the hospital he worked at to rule out a leak. I filed a complaint with the hospital a week later they gave me a false report that my rights were not violated. I knew they had so contacted the boss to the medical records director. Almost 6 weeks later I finally found out they were violated and they feel it was not the employee on the report but that someone else used her ID. I feel like it isn't enough. I am angry how easy it is for someone to obtain personal information and I am angry I was given false results and I angry it took so long but yet nothing came out of it but we are sorry. What can/ should I do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 07:46 PM

Most hospitals are licensed by the state, file a complaint at that level. HIPAA is a federal law so also file with The Department of Health and Human Services

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer divulge personal employee information to a non employee? [ 14 Answers ]

I was hurt at work and have been off for 6 weeks due to my injury. My question is, can my employer tell a friend of his that I have been off work and hurt, and missing a lot of work?

Personal medical information sent to wrong address and opened [ 6 Answers ]

My son went through a special diagnosric clinic at our hospital to diagnose an autism spectrum disorder. We spoke with 5 different doctors, therapists, etc and then they all got together discussed his case and came up with his diagnoses. During the interviews my husband and I gave information...

Does HIPPA law cover an employee being forced to provide medical information? [ 3 Answers ]

My employer is trying to force me to have my doctor write basically a "thesis" on my care stating they will not pay me for 4 weeks I have already been off due to stress, depression and fatigue (they caused, by the way). My doctor is not willing to respond to their 7-point request concerning my...

Per Diem Employee (hospital) Rights in CA [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an employee of an addiction hospital in California. I was hired as a 'per diem' employee July 2007, meaning I am not considered a full-time, 'regular' employee and do not receive benefits of any sort. I worked less than 40 hrs per work until 3/2008, and have been working 40/40+ since then. ...

View more questions Search