Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tayla13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Best time to buy new HVAC? Fall, Winter, Spring?
    Hey folks...
    I was just wondering when would be the best time to replace my HVAC. It is 12 years old and leaking refrigerant since I noticed freezing of the pipes late in the summer.
    Are prices better in the fall/winter when demand is low? Does it matter? Or should I just wait until Spring when I will need AC again. The heater will work fine for the winter...
    Just wondering if I could get a deal out there somewhere with good timing?
    Thanks to let me know your thoughts.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 12:34 PM

Early Spring - Who uses AC?

End of Summer before people turn their heat on to see if it works.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Many times if you wait till the urgent furnace repair work is done for the season then since the company is slow and looking for work a good deal might be had. The time element will change depending upon which area you live in. Remember to always get at least 2 or 3 estimates and take a look at the item below so you can be a better judge as to which company you will choose.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf How to pick a Contractor.pdf (309.7 KB, 301 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winter colors for a spring season? [ 4 Answers ]

Our wedding is in April of next year. Our colors are regancy (purple) and silver, however I love the color black and would love to add it and maybe change regancy to lavandar but people keep telling me I can't do that because black is not a spring color. No one has invested any money on the colors...

I went to school for hvac got training but still nobody will hire I did my time [ 4 Answers ]

I want to school got training have an apartment and a great girl I do landscapeing on the side I have 25 people I do work for ,but I still can't get a job that pays people are always trying to tell me that they found some body better or there still looking at my resume , I know that because I put...

Bad Smell in my house during fall and winter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I've lived in my house for 4 year and every year around fall, winter, and spring I get a bad sewage smell in my house. I smell it more at night time and in the morning. When I turn the heat on in my den it appears to smell worse. My house type is cape and was built in 1951 and uses a...

Pipes freeze in winter time [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of pipes in my bathroom that are subject to freezing in the wintertime due to a home addition which allows air to access space in the walls. We tried adding insulation to the outside wall where the air comes in but it is not enough. The pipes are accessible through a drop panel and...

View more questions Search