Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Drinking a lot of water lately
    I've been kind of thirsty lately, but only when I am bored. Like if I'm watching TV or reading a book I might feel thirsty. Mostly at night and when I wake up. I've always been a water drinker and I'm very healthy. I thought maybe this might be diabetes, but I have no other symptoms. I don't urinate a lot, I don't have rashes, lethargy, or anything else. Diabetes doesn't run in my family either. Absolutely NO ONE in my (close) family has it. I've always been the type of person that finds out about an illness and looks at the symptoms and says OH NO! I HAVE THAT SYMPTOM WHAT IF I HAVE THAT I'm a goofy kind of person in that way:) I was just concerned so if anyone could give me some advice that'd be great!
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Nov 4, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Unfortunately no one here can tell you why you are drinking more than usual.

Although it does not appear that Diabetes is hereditary in your family, it does not mean you cannot develop it.

Of course I am not saying you have the condition but I would advise you to seek advice from your doctor and get him/her to perform some tests.

There are other reasons for develping above normal thirsts.

Some are:

High blood sugar
    Kidney disorder
    Dehydration (of course)
    Excess alcohol intake
    Liver problems.

There are several other causes.

The reason you urinate more could also be a sign of diabetes but it is also quite possible that it is because you are drinking more water than normal.

My advise must be to consult your doctor and ask for the problem to be investigated.

For more information regarding thirst please visit:

Why Am I Always Thirsty?

I hope this has been of help and good luck.

Poseidon
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I would have to agree with Poseidon, Diabetes is not hereditary and sometimes doesn't have many of the side effects that are most commonly known, I would say this though... If you are drinking a lot and not urinating a lot then where is it going? Are you very active, do you sweat a lot? Perhaps its your body replenishing itself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soft water is not for drinking [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out some plumbing codes for the area we live in, which is Jefferson County, in New York. We had a home built last year, we closed on it in Aug. I'm having a problem with our water lines, we have a water softner system as well as a UV bacterial zapper... all water lines, which...

Drinking water [ 3 Answers ]

My dog won't drink water what do I do

Drinking water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a strange problem that I want to resolve and everybody seems to think it is in my head, but I have tried very hard to overcome it. My problem is that every time I drink water, or anything with water, I get a sore throat, which lasts for about 10 minutes after I drink, they really hurt and I...

Doxie not drinking much water [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my 8 week old doxie not drink a lot of water?:(

View more questions Search