Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slowpoke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Caught with 8oz of pot
    Was caught with pot when pulled over in 1 county and they let me go, they called the county I was from (a detective) they want me to tell them the name of who I got it from. Can I still be arrested of charge?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 02:31 PM
    You had 8 oz of pot and were let go? You can be charged with possession, yes. Do you have to tell them who you got it from? What kind of deal will they give you if you do? Drop any charges against you, to go after the dealer? Some people call that being a snitch or a narc. Some call it self preservation. You decide.
    slowpoke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    You had 8 oz of pot and were let go? You can be charged with possession, yes. Do you have to tell them who you got it from? What kind of deal will they give you if you do? Drop any charges against you, to go after the dealer? Some people call that being a snitch or a narc. Some call it self preservation. You decide.

Well how long can they take to charge me? And can 1 county transfer it to my county and charge me ? I think not.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:07 AM
    If you are in the U.S. if you are charged with anything, no matter where they find you in the U.S. they can arrest you. How long it takes depends on how fast they work.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke
    well how long can they take to charge me? and can 1 county transfer it to my county and charge me ?
    Hello slow:

They can wait until the day before the statute of limitations runs out. That's probably 3 years or so depending on where you live. Can they transfer it from one county to the next?? Nahhh.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Pot [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently tried pot and had a good experience . I am not into it and haven't tried it. She tells me that she enjoyed it and plans on doing it again soon. And would like me to try it , so I can see for myself that it is not that bad. What are your thoughts on Pot. Having not done it...

Pot addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm addicted to pot. I have been for about two years now. I don't feel like it interferes with my life too much and that's probably why I have so much trouble quitting. I get board and fatigued and it seems like an easy solution. Is there any tips for quitting. I know I am capable of it but...

Is my boyfriend addicted to pot? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been together with my boyfriend for a year, and pot has been a major issue between us. I don't like the idea of him smoking at all. I've tried it a couple times, but it just made me depressed. I never want to smoke it and I wish that my boyfriend would stop. I've told him I want him to at...

Pot filler [ 6 Answers ]

How far off the cooktop do you install the pot filler

Crock pot [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to cook a pot roast in my 6qt crock pot. It's call a "Crock Watcher". It has an auto function besides low and high. I lost the book on this and wondered if anyone was fimiliar with this pot, and if was OK if I left it on 'auto' overnight, then swith to low in the morning till dinner time.

View more questions Search