Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexa82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Residential lease laws
    If a person looses his/her job or gets transferred with their job are they obligated to a
    Residential lease agreement?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Yes, they are. The only way a person could be let out of the lease for those reasons is if those reasons are listed in the lease as a cause to terminate the lease.

Try speaking to your landlord. They may allow you to sublet or find a new tenant to finish out your lease, or they may allow you out of the lease in return for a payment such as one month's rent.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Hello alexa:

Most leases do not allow someone out because of life's circumstances.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 11:57 AM
    In general you are obligated to the lease for the life of that lease, some allow you to sublet or may offer a lesser buyout of lease.

Some companies will offer relocation help which will pay penalties for breaking leases, so always check there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Lease Termination Question (NJ) - 3 Room-mates on Lease , 1 Is not sure of moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are three room-mates sharing a apartment and the lease expires Jan 31,2007. We got a notice to renew the lease last month and need to respond by the 21st of December (this month). Me and one of my other roomie wants to move out and the third roomie is still not sure of moving out. ...

KS lease with option eviction laws [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home in KS, we did a lease with option contract, the leasers are over $8000. Behind on rent. I would like to know what I do to evict them in the state of Kansas.

Lease laws in Florida [ 5 Answers ]

Just wanted to know if a landlord can sue you if you terminate a lease because you are buying a home. I have lived in a privately owned home for 6 months and pre-paid my rent until December. I found a home that was discounted 60,000.00 and the builder is paying closing fee... great opportunity...

View more questions Search