Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alice ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:49 PM
    New law on back pay for social security bennefits
    Is there a new law passed on social security back payment when some one gets approved for S S. I was told I would get back pay from the time I filled for social security . And my brother told me he heard that a new law or bill was passed that they olny back pay for 6 months now :eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 04:23 AM

I can't find any indication that it's been changed. If you are awarded benefits they go back to the day you became eligible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get paid social security taxes back after leaving the US? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, A silly question for which I could find no correct answer. I used to study in the US on an F-1 Visa. Then I got a job and converted to an H-1B visa. Worked for three years and paid taxes. Then converted back to F-1 to finish my MBA and then left the US to come to India. So...

Do Indian F1 students get Social Security taxes back? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am amazed as how much you can learn on the website. So here I am again clearing up queries I have had for years... So as far as I nderstand one can claim SSN benefits if a person is a non-resident alien and is on F1 status i.e.. You file 1040-NR-EZ. If you are on F1 and you pass the 183...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

H-1 Visa from F-1 getting back Social security and which forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

I am hirenshukla from India currently,I am on H-1 Visa starting from October 2005 and was on OPT (F-1 Visa)from January 2005 up to September 2005 My company deducted the Social security from my from my pay during the entire year so could you please guide me how can I get that social security...

View more questions Search