Four years. (It's Statute, not stature)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas: Debt Collection Law Suit & Statute of Limitations [ 0 Answers ]

I live in Texas. I have an outstanding debt for collection of an unpaid balance on a car loan. The car was totaled in a wreck and the insurance company paid all but ~$6k. The car loan company (Chrysler Financial) sent me a letter on July 9, 2004, requesting me to pay the remaining balance in...

Statute of limitations in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the statute of limitations in small claims cout in Texas is? I went through a divorce 4 years ago and was not able to pay some of my credit cards. I have one that closed a few years ago, but yesterday I was served with a small claims suit. Last year, the credit card...

Statute of Limitations in Texas on an old debt [ 8 Answers ]

Over 5 years ago my wife was talked into co-signing a loan for a wayward son to buy a motorcycle. He wrecked the bike and never finished paying for it. The finance company repo'ed the bike and now a collection agency is calling my wife to collect on the debt. No payments have been made on the loan...

Student loan statute of limitations - NY [ 2 Answers ]

I had a student loan that I have not made a payment on for over 12 years. It did not show up on my credit reports last year when I purchased my house. Now this year, my paychecks have been garnished with no notice (that I received). Is there a statute of limitations? I was under the impression...

View more questions Search