Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanfromlowell Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 09:30 AM
    If a judgment was dismissed can I be sued again for it?
    Recently I went to court for a old credit card that was bought by a collection agency that found I was on SS Disability and non garnishable.I asked for prof this was my acct. an did not say it was mine,anyway the judge gave them 30 days to show it was. Friday I received a letter stat they filed for a motion to dismiss this cause without prejudice and was granted by the court.Now can I be recharged with this or is this acct. finally dead? I know they sell these old accounts to other collection agencies so is there another on its way?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 09:41 AM
    If a lawsuit is dismissed WITH prejudice then it can't be filed again. If a lawsuit is dismissed WITHOUT prejudice then it can be filed again.

If it gets filed again, do the same thing. If they don't provide the proof within the required time then make a request to the court that the case be dismissed with prejudice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Both of my cases dismissed [ 2 Answers ]

The Plaintiff requested that both of the credit card lawsuits be dismissed 2 days before the trial on one of them. I believe this happened because the judge asked that the plaintiff bring all the documentation they had for both cases on the trial date. I don't think they really had any. As I have...

Case dismissed refiled [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter had a boyfriend she broke it off with who became angry and filed a small claims saying she owed him money. He did not show up for court and my daughter did. The judge said he dismissed the case. She took off from work to go. Now the guy called and said he would refile. My daughter...

Writ dismissed now what? [ 3 Answers ]

OK on Monday after a month of fighting for it my writ was dismissed based on the exemption status in Florida. The money in my bank account was from SS and Wages only. The judge gave me a certified copy at no charge to take to my bank to have my money quickly returned to me. Well I took it to my...

Dismissed with prejudice [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question. I was charged early this year with a court-martial offense while on active duty in the military. The charge was later "dismissed with prejudice." It never was referred to a court-martial so I was never arraigned and so forth. However, there was an investigation that led to the...

View more questions Search