Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neogirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
    In Missouri, My lease end at the end of Sept.
    I have let my landlord I will be moving, he put the house on Craigs list with address for rent without telling me. This morning I had a strange lady on my door step wanting to see house. I was very unhappy to say the least my landlord said he could show it all he wanted. Can he do this if so is he responsible for theft
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 05:06 PM
    As long as you are paying rent, he cannot legally send applicants to see through your apartment; or show them through when you are not there.

Tick
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 05:12 PM

However you were there and most leases address showing the aparetment. Can you review the language in your lease and tell us how it talks about showings? LL likely can show but usually with notice
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 06:53 PM

He can most likely show the house with a 24 to 48 hour notice, the lease should address this, often it says reasonable notice, and this is often been seen as 24 hours notice.

But yes they can advertise the home before you move out, that should be expected, since he wants someone to move in within a few days of you moving out if possible, That is his income.

After he tells you when he will be showing the property, he can show if, if you are not home, you were told when and if you can't be there, that is not his problem.

As for as people showing up, merely tell them you have not moved out, Or as one of my tennants did once, sorry, it is not safe for you to come in, we have not gotten rid of all the rats yet.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 08:02 AM

Got to remember that one Fr_Chuck. RATS LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is back end and front end collection [ 1 Answers ]

What is back end and front end collection

End of Lease at Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

My friends daughters year long lease is ending the 31st of this month. The landlord is telling her that she has to be out at the beginning of the day of the 31st. This would be the day that she would be moving out and finishing her cleaning? Is it correct that she has to be out in the morning of...

Tenants right regarding end of lease. [ 2 Answers ]

The person that owns my condo is going to sell our unit on a short sale or go to foreclosure. When I asked him about this several months ago, he said that he was fine and would not go to foreclosure and that I could live here as long as I would like to because this is my home. My lease is up...

End of lease [ 3 Answers ]

My son lives in New Jersey. The lease on his apartment was due to close in Sept 2005. He was in the process of buying a home and needed to stay one month past his lease. He spoke with property management about the situation on more than one occasion. He was requesting a month-to-month...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search