Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aw5756 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2007, 07:57 AM
    What should I do to get him back or is it even worth it?
    I met this wonderful Libra man back in October of this past year and we really hit it off but he's in the military and, lo and behold, he was being sent away in February for a year and a few months. I told him I would wait for him, because I could, but when he comes back he is due to be sent to either Japan, or Washington, which for me is on the other side of the coast completely. I told him I couldn't move with him, started punching holes in our relationship, and eventually we broke up about a month ago. I know it sounds quite ridiculous, and if not to the readers, then it does to me, but I seriously thought that being away from him would distance any feelings between us but I was wrong. I tried dating somebody else, but God knows I started crying when I was with that guy because I couldn't stop thinking about my ex. No, I wasn't drunk or even on drugs. Ever since then, memories of him fill my mind, how much I miss him and everything about him and if given one more chance I would definitely wait and certainly move with him. I feel like I could do anything and more to prove to him how much I love him and would like to be with him. We are talking to each other again are due to get together and hang out as friends before he leaves, but I don't know if I should tell him how I feel or what. I would wait longer than a year to be with him and am willing to wait if there is even a 1% chance that he will take me back because to me he is definitely worth it. Nobody else has ever made me smile that big on the inside and outside, and nobody else knows me better than him. Even for it only being a few months. It feels right but I am scared to death of being shut down when I have only one chance to get it right since he is leaving on the 19th and I am not sure what I should do much less what I should say. He told me he didn't trust me anymore since I backed down because I didn't want to do the whole year and then move thing, not to mention he's still kind of bitter towards me and I detect a small amount of resentment even though he claims not to be mad at me. Not to mention he said in an earlier email that he thinks the way things are now is for the best.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 08:03 AM
    This is just my opinion. Please do what your heart and mind and spirit says that you need to do for you to be happy.

It is up to you to tell him how you feel. If you do not you will be kicking yourself in the butt for not telling him how you felt when you had the chanch. No matter what happens whether there is a chanch or not. Whether he feels the same way or not, is it not better to know for sure which ever way it turns out?

Let him know how he makes you feel. Have a heart to heart. See what comes from it.

I wish you the best which ever way things go.

Remember though no matter what happens that will then be your deciding factor on what direction to take.

Joe
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 08:15 AM
    I think you should tell him how you feel, you could spend the rest of your life regretting it if you don't. You have nothing to lose and remember that life is short. He may already know how you feel but hearing it might make things quite different. Be prepared though, as Jesushelper says above, whatever choice you make will determine what path this creates or what direction you decide to take. You just have to feel the fear and take a chance in this situation..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Love is about two people working together to build a life, and solve problems that come up, and it starts with honest communications so tell him exactly how you feel and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old baseball cards and have no idea what they might be worth. They are: Nolan Ryan 1992 from Leaf, Inc. #22 of 26 Mark Davis 1991 from Leaf, Inc. #54 Andrew Neal Allanson 1191 Leaf, Inc. #42 Ivan Calderon 1991 Leaf, Inc. #48

Is it worth [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I think I mite like my friends ex I've tlked to him about it and he says he is over her and my friends think I should ask her out. EVeryone but me thinks it is a guaranteed yes and I don't know... I have had bad experience in the past with her friend who had basically played me and said...

Worth it or not... [ 5 Answers ]

Possibly I am being silly in even asking but I am having a real hard time trying to derive signs I'm getting from this girls at school. For the majority of my time in college I was in a committed relationship and now that it is over I'm out meeting more women and getting acclimated to single life,...

Is it worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy a good cheap car. I've found a really nice '93 honda del sol. It does have a couple issues though. Its got about 200,000 miles and it needs a tail light. Aside from that,its great!Purple with tinted windows and a CD player. They're asking $1100.00. Is it worth it?

View more questions Search