Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seki_45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Does USA customs require a red tag on packages with Diplomat from Ghana
    I received an e-mail from a diplomat from Ghana and Mpls/St Paul airport customs informed him he needed a red tag to complete delivery - ost 770USD
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
    How much does that tag cost? (I'm thinking this is a scam.)

Why would you receive an email from a diplomat?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
    It's a scam. Don't pay it.

Although I have to wonder, if you got to the red tag part, you already paid him something didn't you? Now he wants more... you're being taken.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 07:58 AM
    Bringing money or jewels out most likely ( or that is what you are being told) and the diplomat is going to bring it out in his bag and not go though customs.

No, diplomatic pouches are not searched, and while labeled, the embassy does this and there is no cost involved.

I will assume this one is the one for greed, not dating, they have riches they need brought out of the country, normal diamonds ( gold is too heavy and the scam is easily seen though) or at times it is some form of money.

And they need you, to pay off some official and pay something else. And then they get you to pay more and more. All of a sudden someone contacts you pretending to be customs and threatens to arrest you for the crime, unless guess what ? You again pay more money.

This is a older scam than the dating, and is not done as much, since most people, today know better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Russian women get visa for the USA do they have to show money at customs [ 3 Answers ]

A Russian woman said she was coming to the US to visit me and said she needed to show $1200 at customs. Is this true does the US require Russian women to have money before they leave to the US

Which universities in the USA do not require TOEFLfrom an international undergraduate [ 2 Answers ]

Which universities in the USA do not require TOEFL from an international student?

View more questions Search