Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gusslots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Tax debate,NY or PA
    What would be the better of two. I work in Salamanca,NY. Right now I live in NJ. I am moving out of NJ. Which would be better tax wise, to live in Bradford,PA or Salamanca area, NY? If my income is approx. 1K what would be the savings?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 9, 2006, 07:18 AM
    To give you an accurate answer, I would actually have to prepare a NY and a PA tax return, and I will not do that without compensation.

Besides, taxes is only part of the equation. You will have to pay NY income taxes, and it is likely PA will give you a credit for that payment is you live in PA. However, you should consider, in addition to the taxes:

- the daily commute to work.
    - the cost of living in PA versus NY.
    - the cost of housing in PA versus NY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School Uniform Debate [ 27 Answers ]

I'm research a topic and would like to generate a bunch of arguments for data collection. Policy: Students in public, K-12 schools must wear school uniforms. Background: - Uniforms are uniquely designed for each school. (Think Japan) - Students must purchase their uniform from the school....

Philosophy Debate [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, I am currently taking a philosophy course and we have been assigned a debate assignment that is in regards to the morality of stem cell research. My group was given the task of being opposed to stem cell research. If anyone can give me any idea why people may be opposed to stem cell...

Debate on Immigration laws [ 13 Answers ]

I need help on writing a debate about whether immigration laws should be inforced more on not. I need facts from both sides of the debate. Anyone have any tips or sites?

The Great Marmite/Vegemite Debate [ 18 Answers ]

OK following on from the Weird food combo thread, I would like to find out about everyone's views on the great Marmite/Vegemite debate. On the whole people tend to be separated into love or loathe with nothing between. So time for a poll. If any Americans could let me know what their...

View more questions Search