Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mario562 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Sub Panel
    I'm Remodeling My House From 2000sqft To 3900sq-ft And I Will Like To Know What Size Panel I Should Put And Brand?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 03:01 AM
    The minimum is probably a 200 amp, can be more depending on the amount of heating, air conditioning, and large appliances.

Square D QO type, GE THQL,Cutler Hammer , Seimens, are the popular brands. All are good, and there are several other smaller or regional brands that are all good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a sub panel [ 6 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement which will have a 60x20 room and a 10x9 bathroom. I'm running 20 amp breakers,12-2 wire, 20 amp outlets. 2 breakers for 20 outlets ( 10 outlets a breaker). 1 breaker for 8 2x4 flourecents. 1 breaker for GFI ( for my freazer).

Which panel should I go with? [ 5 Answers ]

Greetings all, I am need of replacing an old Pushmatic Service Panel. The only breakers I can find for it are on e-bay. Plus I need to add a sub-panel in the garage for the new addition my wife wants. (She gets a walk-in closet and a bigger master bathroom with a tub and a separate shower, I get...

Square d sub panel [ 29 Answers ]

I am not to familiar with residential wiring and I have a question about sub panel problem. I have a 200 amp main panel with a 125 amp sub panel. There is a 60 amp feeder from the main for the sub. My problem is I am getting an unbalanced loading problem. I tried balancing the load between the 2...

Adding sub panel [ 8 Answers ]

Hi All, My current breaker panel is a Murray Arrow / Hart. It has two rows of 8 sockets each plus three that are taken up by the main 100 amp breaker. All of the positions are filled on the panel, I have even removed the old 240v line to use those two spaces for additional breakers. I have...

Adding a electrical sub panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to add a attached garage with an adjoining workshop. My main pane has no open slots, my question is can I connect to the main wires coming into the panel, and go to a sub panel with a 50amp breaker. If so what size/length wire do I use? Thanks Joel . Email [email protected]

View more questions Search