Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 07:37 AM
    "Please Stand By... Technical Difficulties" Music
    Back in the day, if a television station had broadcasting problems, they would put up a graphic on the screen (sometimes with a test pattern) with the words "Please Stand By. We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties..." There was usually some accompanying music.

The music would vary from station to station, but in typical television and movie portrayals of the "Please Stand By" screen, it is usually an orchestral piece with plucked strings.

Any suggestions on titles and composers of similar "Please Stand By" music?

Thanks!
    accuratesigning Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
    In NY, Love is Blue, Goodbye (written by Paul McCartney) and Eleanor Rigby (the Beatles) were the "please stand by" songs.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by accuratesigning View Post
    In NY, Love is Blue, Goodbye (written by Paul McCartney) and Eleanor Rigby (the Beatles) were the "please stand by" songs.
    Good answer, even though this thread is dated from 2005.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Difference between "htm" and "html" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In all the websites I make, they all come out when loaded onto the server as a "htm" file. But I see others who have "html" files on their sites, what exactly is the difference, if any? For example: what is the difference between index.htm and index.html and will the nameservers...

View more questions Search