Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKMB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Kenmore HE Front Loading Washer Does Not Spin Dry
    Hello: I have a Kenmore front loading HE washer 3.1CF that is a couple years old. Last week I moved it about 5 inches to pick up something between the washer & dryer. When I moved the washer back & did a load of clothes I found it no longer does the high-RPM finish spin. The washer still fills with water and drains, the basket agitates in both directions as usual, but now will not spin dry. I tried on all 3 spin cycles (low, normal, fast) but my clothes still come out sopping wet. Any advice? Thank you,
    Alexandra
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Are you saying that it dose not spin at all or it spins slowly?

Aug 7, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Hi Doug: At the final spin the basket does move both ways (the washer has two-way tumble wash action) but slowly like it does when washing clothes, kind of like a once-around with pausing in between each direction. But it does not do the one-direction high-RPM spin that removes the majority of moisture. I hope that makes sense. Thank you,
    Alexandra
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Look and see if a piece of clothing has gotten jammed between the inner basket and outer tub. If not you will need to remove the pump and motor and check the drive coupling.

Aug 10, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Thanks again for your response. I didn't find anything jammed between the basket/tub. Is removing the pump and motor something easy? Thank you,
    Alex
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Yes it is easy to do. Open unit up and take a look. It is easy, if you need further disassembly help after looking post back. Check the coupling between the motor and transmission. It could be damaged or broken. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Front Load Washer #417.41042000 won't spin, does drain [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, When I bought my machine, the previous owner offered the following description: It is about 2.5 years old. We had some problems with it spinning the proper speed after moving it. The repair people told us it was due to using too much soap or being imbalanced. Had it repaired a couple...

New G. E front loading washer [ 1 Answers ]

The washer spins slowly, but does not spin fast enough to get rid of the water. The clothes are still very wet at the end of the cycle. What can I do?:eek: I guess I should have said that I think this washer is new. It is 14 months old so it is out of waranty with no extended waranty, so it's up...

Kenmore Front Loading Detergent Dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have a Kenmore front loading washer that is relatively new with the detergent/bleach/fabric softener dispenser that pulls out like a little drawer. Lately when I put the fabric softener in -it all leaks into the load right away instead of waiting to release during the rinse...

View more questions Search