Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matty1102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Lump behind ear
    Hi,
    My husband has a lump behind his left ear. He says it is not sore and just appears to be a soft tissue lump. It does not appear to be attached to the bone. He has had it for about 6 months. Do you think he should see a doctor?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
    I think that he should go to the doctor. That would ease both of your minds. Not easy being uncertain about things.

Also, information that you find on the following link may be of help to you. I hope that it is.

lump behind ear - Google Search
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    My hubby had a lump removed from behind his ear about 20 years ago (he was 19.) It was benign, but the US Navy did want to take any chances since he was active duty at the time. It was done under local anesthesia in an outpatient setting.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Another thing, I had a lump removed from my right breast a number of years ago. (I am a man.) I didn't want to go through with the procedure and waiting for the results of the biopsy. But, it sure felt good knowing that it was something benign.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
    It could be something as simple as an enlarged lymph node. But to be sure he should be seen by his doctor to get a proper diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump Behind Ear [ 2 Answers ]

Hello and thanks in advance, I have had a lump behind my ear for a long time now, over 2 years. I haven't noticed it grow significantly. I'm only 14 and it's seemed to grow as I grow so it's always in proportion. I just thought I'd check here for your expertise.

Lump behind my ear... I'm only 15 [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I also have a small lump behind my ear, I noticed it yesterday and it does hurt a bit when I move my ear, what could this be? I have never had me ear pierced or any other problems related to my ear. Any one know what it could be? Should I see my doctor?

Lump Behind Ear? [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I have descovered that I have a bump behind my right ear. It wasn't there until few days ago when I noticed it. When I touch it, its hard but does not hurt. I don't know what it may be, can some one please tell me what it could be and if I need to see a doctor. Thanks

Lump behind my ear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've had a lump behind my ear for over a month now, at first I thought it was a spot but it didn't go away and has started to get sore, it's the size of a pea. What should I do :confused:

Lump in ear [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pea size lump at the top part of my ear right the cover bit however its like behind my ear its painful to touch and I haven't been unwell. Its also grown abit in size what could it be please

View more questions Search