Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shalori Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2005, 05:23 PM
    Looking for an 59 yr old overseas military marriage cert
    Hello All,
    I am a Family Historian [Genealogy researcher] and have been trying to locate my Aunt and Uncles Jan 5th 1946 marriage certificate for years.
    I have come to the conclusion they may have gone through a military wedding as I have gone through all the resources I know of [for civilians] and havent found one iota of proof that the certificate even existes.
    My Aunt Andree Zurkinden - Swiss Citizen was born in Tientsin China in 1914. She married Capt Robert Edward McCormick who was stationed in Shanghai China. He was a Capt of Infantry and was with the CBI theatre. They married Jan 5th 1946 in Shanghai. Andree came over to the US on the USAT David C Shanks August 1946 through the Port of San Francisco and later applied for her INS papers in Atlanta Georgia. Her INS papers also record the marriage date as Jan 5th 1946. I have exhausted my resources and now would just like to find out what I need to do to get a copy of his marriage certificate IF they were married through the military. :rolleyes:
    All suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks
    Shalori
    Miss.Jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 07:12 PM
    The u.s.a.t.david shanks
    I have a stack of Photos 3 of photos being of the U.S.A.T DAVID SHANKS the day it arrived in San Francisco from Shanghai , China August 27 , 1946 , not sure how this would be of help but in one photo of the men on the ship there ia a Young lady she seems to be very happy I must say could this be your aunt ? In another photo there aging a young lady Photo is kind of blurrd . Would love to talk with you and share if you would like .

Aug 26, 2005, 12:51 PM
    USAT David Shanks
    Ms. Jones, I replied to you yesterday but for some reason I do not understand askmehelpdesk did not keep my posting so I do not know if you even received it. I tend to think you did not.
    I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness in sending me copies of the USAT David C Shanks photos you have. I am a Family History researcher/genealogist and I collect as much information as I am able on my relatives, so your kind offer is appreciated. :D Please post the photos to [email protected].
    Do you have relatives on the USAT David C Shanks too? Is that why you have photos of it? :confused:
    I tried to send/attach you a copy of the USAT David C Shanks immigration Passenger list of 13th Aug 1946 from Shanghai China to San Francisco Port. The voyage took 2 weeks and 5 days from Shanghai to San Francisco. If you'd like a copy please email me at the above email address. I tried to attach it here but rec a reply that the file was too large to upload. Thank you again.

Aug 26, 2005, 05:33 PM
    NOT looking for money-STOP spamming me
    IF this does not pertain to GENEALOGY then don't post to me and waste my time.
    judylouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 09:24 PM
    What ever happened with the photos? Did you connect with the guy who was looking for certificate? Actually I am writing this because My father served on the David c shanks from 43-45. First group on the new ship out of San Francisco bay. Trying to pull together whatever I can for him for his 86 th birthday in oct. Any chance of getting copies of your photos or at least can I see them. Anything else any one has on the Shanks would be of interest. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Annulment of overseas military marriage teens [ 2 Answers ]

My friend(Army, 19 at the time) was married overseas in Korea to a Philapino teanager. They had a child and he went back to the States. It has been years now and there has been no contact from the girl. My friend has tried to contact her but could not. Now years latter wants to see how to...

Best books to study for MCSE cert exam 70-270 [ 2 Answers ]

Let me just help to know which is the best book that will cover all the topics that are covered in MCSE cert exam 70-270.

Dissolution of military marriage [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is in the Navy in Okinawa, Japan. Prior to her being stationed there, she married a boy she met while in Basic Training in Great Lakes, Illinois. He had some health problems and was discharged from the Navy soon after the marriage took place. Try as she might, she was not allowed by the...

View more questions Search