Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Dec 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Found Military Pictures
    My dad gave me some military pictures he found and neither one of us knows who they are of. I really don't want to throw them away but is there someone or a program who takes military pictures and recovers who the person is?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Hi, pluckyflamingo!

Are these pictures of just one individual or of groups in the military, please?

Thanks!
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Dec 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

After doing some research I found out they were from 1945. The pictures are mostly of one man and a few places he was in (Germany in World War II, Ohio) a few of him he is with friends and then others by himself and a few in the traditional military pose. I found a name of one of the friends in the pictures on the back of one of them. I located his whereabouts and found out he passed away February of this year. But I did get the contact information of his daughter and spoke with her. The information matched up and I mailed her the pictures yesterday.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Hi again, pluckyflamingo!

I'm glad that you solved the problem and that the pictures are now in the possession of a member of his family!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pictures aren't right. [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter bought me a "Sony Net-sharing Cam" Everything was working perfect until this evening. Now when you look through the LCD panel, it looks like half the picture is blacked out. In fact, when you look at the lens, it looks like it's almost closed. There is no lens cover. Apparently, I...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Found old deleted pictures [ 3 Answers ]

I have stumbled upon some old pictures that I had deleted a long time ago. I want to share some with my friends. Only problem is they are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to locate the original sizes or if I even still have those. Is there any way of resizing a thumbnail to a bigger size...

Pictures found on the net. [ 7 Answers ]

Where is the line drawn on copyright? When the copyright status is unknown: For example, my previous avatar here at askmehelpdesk was this picture: http://www.genx40.com/images/2005a/PopeEyes.jpg You can find it all over the web. I have no clue whether it's copyrighted or not. How far...

View more questions Search