Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheJJ101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 09:31 PM
    half life equation
    RDA wants you to take in 60 mg of Vitamin C A Day. A Grapefruit has 70 mg per 100 g. How many 6oz GF's would you need to equal this?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 06:17 AM

It's all a matter of conversion and proportions.

Convert 6oz into grams, or 85.7grams into oz.

The amount of grams you have is the weight of one grapefruit. By proportions, you know that you need 85.7g of grapefruit. Dividing the amount of grams in 6oz by 85.7g, you'll have the amount of grapefruit in a day.

If you choose to convert 85.7 grams into oz. Divide this number by 6 oz to obtain the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Half-life equation [ 5 Answers ]

Radium-226 has a half life of 1660 years.How many years does it take a radium sample to decay to 55% of the original amount. Round to the nearest year. Please help me set up this equation!

Half Life Equation [ 3 Answers ]

If the half-life for the radioactive decay of zirconium-84 is 26 minutes and I start with a 175 gram sample, how much will be left over after 104 minutes?

Half-life equation? [ 1 Answers ]

what is the half-life equation for a muon (unstable particle that spontaniously decays)?

Half-life questions. Equation included. Where do I plug the infotmaion into the eq? [ 1 Answers ]

1. Choosing an isotope where the half life is given in days calculate what percentage of a sample would remain after 5 days. 2. For an isotope where the half life is in years how much would be left after 100 years? 3. For an isotope where the half life is in hours, how much would be left after...

View more questions Search