Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karimkandi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Can bank take money out for own loan without permission?
    I have business checking and personal checking with one bank. I had line of credit for business with personal guarranty. They took out past due payment out from my personal checking and they said they can do it by loan aggrement. But they did not notify me in addvance and they took whatever there was and my checks are boncing now . Can they do that? Where is costumer protaction act and rights?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Excuse me, but you agreed that they can take money from your personal account if you default on a business line of credit, correct? You then missed a payment (which you must have known about), so per the agreement they took the money from your personal account. Seems proper to me. Did you not have any way of knowing that you were past due on the business LOC?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I would have to think that a bank, especially a large well known one, would know what it's doing. Go over the documents for this line of credit, there must be a document stating that if a payment is missed your "personal guarantee" is that you will cover the late payments from your personal account.

Again, I doubt they are doing anything illegal, if your not sure demand to see something you signed authorizing them to deduct payments from your personal account.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
    If it is written into your agreement, then yes, they can. It is called a Cross Collateralization Clause.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Is the business account corporate??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Credit No Money Down Loan [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to find a mortgage, or to get a loan to purchase a home for people with low income, no money down and bad credit? My husband and I can not stay where we were living previously because of unreconsilable differences with the home owners. We have 3 children and can not afford...

Bank Loan default [ 1 Answers ]

I received a Personel Bank loan of $6,000.00 for my upcoming Wedding. Two days before found her cheating and called it off. Went on the Honeymoon to Mexico by myself to get away and think things over. Spent the balance of the loan and the rest of my savings trying to forget. Ended up...

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

MONEY back from paying loan off early [ 1 Answers ]

I saw something on TV the other day about getting money back from insurance that was put on a loan if you pay the loan off early. Is this for real? Because I have paid off a mortgage early and several other loans. How can I get help with this?

Bank loan [ 3 Answers ]

My loan officer is threating me because my insurance was cancelled then after that I got in an accident now he is going to call the cops can he do that

View more questions Search