Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pk6487 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Rusted slip on spout.
    I'm trying to replace my slip-on spout, but I can't seem to find what to unscrew underneath because there appears to be a significant amount of rust. While I certainly hope it doesn't mean that I'm stuck with a leaky spout, I'm kind of at an impasse and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 24, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Spray the area with WD-40 to clear away some of the rust5 and take a Allen Set Screw Wrench and loosen the clamp. See if you can twist the spout so the clamp looks upward. Keep trying! It'll come off, I guarantee! Cheers, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 04:02 PM

Sometimes you are able to grab it well and pull on it , straight away from the wall. If not, clean rust and look for small set screw, usually from the bottom of the spout, close to the wall...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slip-on Tub Spout - Can't access set screw [ 19 Answers ]

I have been reading the posts about removing the different types of spouts. Mine is a 1/2 inch copper tube out of the wall. I can't get to the set screw. The spout will turn and with pressure come about 3/4" off the wall. I don't want to pull any harder and twist because I think I may damage...

A/C pan rusted and leaks, coil rusted [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been told that my pan is rusted out and dripping into an aux. pan and that my coil is rusted and I should get a new unit. I was told that in 2010 freon regulations will change and if I just change the coil and then I need freon, I will have to replace the coil again to conform to the...

Replacing shower/tub slip on spout [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced the shower/tub slip on spout, but there is water leaking from the back of the spout and the wall. What am I doing wrong?

How to remove a slip-on Delta bath tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

The house is 16 years old. The bath tub spout has no identification on it, but it says "Delta Monitor" on the Temperature Control knob. The problem is that the water just flows to the tub and won't go up to the showerhead. I am trying to rePlcace the tub spout. It looks like a slip on type. I have...

View more questions Search