Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdc39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Slowing an AC motor
    I want to use an old vacum cleaner motor for a yard display project . How can slow the moter to reduct the RPM on the output shaft. I would like to slow the moter instead of gearing down the speed
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 08:57 AM

Something like this should work for you:

Wall Control,120 V,Ivory - Fan Speed Control - Controls - HVACR : Grainger Industrial Supply

Just be sure the amps of the motor does not exceed the rating of any speed control you do use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slowing down an electric motor [ 13 Answers ]

I have an electric motor that rotates at 1750 rpm and I would like to slow it to maybe 100n rpm. Is that possible with out gearing?I am looking for an affordable solution. Thank you. Paul

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

Slowing an Electric Motor with Pulleys [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I need a sanity check with this. I have an electric motor that runs at 3450 RPM. I want to attach it to a mandrel for buffing, but I need to drop the RPM of the buffing wheels to around 1200 RPM. So that's roughly 1/3 the speed. I did some calculations on the pulley sizes using...

Slowing Down A Motor [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am in the process of placing two small (less than a pound each) solar panels on the roof of my house. I would like to rig the system to tilt with the sun. This works out to a motor moving at 0.000012 hz or 0.000694 rpm. Does anyone know how to do this? Any other way to tilt the panels...

Slowing down [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so here's the floor plan. I had a best friend in Elementary school who had a sister. Me and my best friend did everything camping, sports, everything. Then as time grew on drifted away but always were friends. So about I would say 12 years later I'm at the gym and I see my elementary friends...

View more questions Search