Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonmark_101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Power supply
    I just got a new mother board and I wanted to put my graphics card back in, but I'm worried that the power supply doesn't have enough power. I was going to try it, but I didn't want to if it might do some damage to my comp. Does anyone know if I try it and it doesn't work, will it possibly damage anything?
    pete galati Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Is the graphics card compatible with your system.was all the info about your system given to the people you got the graphics card from?if so then it should work.if its not compatible which it probably is then you should get an error message telling you that its not compatible
    OvenFrank Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 02:36 PM
    What kind of motherboard and video card do you have?
    How much Watt has your power supply?

Cheers,
    pete galati Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 04:04 PM
    I'm not sure,I don't have the info in front of me.but what I would do if I were you is call the manurfacturer of your computer and tell them what you have and what you want to do.I might give you the wrong advise and if something wrong happened to your computer I would really feel bad about that.they would know better than all of us out here on what you should do.better to be safe than sorry.good luck. Pete
    OvenFrank Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Do not be afraid. If your graphics card is the same as before - nothing wrong will happen. Different motherboards will do not draw significantly more or less power.

The problem what people should be worried about are the newer video cards.
    Most but not all of these need a power supply upgrade.
    For example: AsusŪ Extreme AX1600XT needs min. 350 Watts.
    Most older computers came with 250 Watts.
    Today even the cheapest cases have min. 350 Watts.

Cheers,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom power supply [ 6 Answers ]

Have a two story townhouse with two and 1/2 baths. Have been trying to find a way to track the power source for the bathroom outlets. Each bath has an outlet but there is no power at this time. Used to work. Have tried opening switchplates and tracking the jumper wires to outlets, but none seem to...

Mobo fried along with power supply? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm troubleshooting a friends system He said he heard a pop and then smelled something burning Computer wouldn't start after that I hooked my power supply to his mobo and only the led light on the mobo turns on... Off/on don't work

Power supply deal for $10.. no joke [ 1 Answers ]

Radio shack has a 350 watt Ultra supply for $30 online only... then a mail in rebate for $20... total cost is $10... sweet price and decent power supply Thought id pass on the good news for anyone looking for a PSU Sale ends 6/25...

Power supply replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bad 250 watt power supply in a dell dimension 4600. Can I replace it with a 350 watt PS?

Computer Power Supply [ 9 Answers ]

Hey peepz! I recently noticed that ma new computer overheats often, which is starting to worry me slightly :eek: . I was told that it could be the power supply unit which is 250V. I have the following specs... 3400+ 64 AMD Processor MicroStar MSI MS-6741 uATX Motherboard 1024MB RAM ATI...

View more questions Search