Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seflor Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Legal Aide for Seniors
    I belong to a condo association and may need the help of an attorney with a member of our community. Our association does not have the surplus funds to hire an attorney and are seeking legal advice in a matter against one of our condo owners. Could you recommend someone to assist us?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Are any of your owners attorneys?
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Sounds like you are asking for someone to represent your Condo Association at no cost.

Desribe the situation and perhaps AMHD members could advise you. In most cases your association can operate without an attorney, the members just have to understand how to proceed. Example: write letters, file papers, with the court or what have you. What state do you live in?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seflor
    I belong to a condo association and may need the help of an attorney with a member of our community. Our association does not have the surplus funds to hire an attorney and are seeking legal advice in a matter against one of our condo owners. Could you recommend someone to assist us?

Pretty much the same post, posted twice - not fair to people who are reading and trying to be helpful.

And, yes, I realize the other post just describes the situation and asks if it's necessary to hire an Attorney and then explains why there is no money to do so.

As someone (I believe Scott) said on the other thread - the condo association should have an Attorney on retainer so you don't have to re-invent the wheel every time there's a problem.
    seflor Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Sorry about the double post. I am new at this thing and will learn the game.

Unfortunately no one is an attorney. We are trying to seek advise before going on with the legal filing.

I appreciate your assistance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Contact other HOAs in the area for a recommendation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seflor
    Sorry about the double post. I am new at this thing and will learn the game.

Unfortunately no one is an attorney. We are trying to seek advise before going on with the legal filing.

I appreciate your assistance.

Who wrote the by-laws or Certificate or rules or whatever? He/she is already familiar with the situation and that might be a thought worth pursuing.

I still think your association needs an Attorney on retainer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary for Live-in aide [ 14 Answers ]

My mother is 90, lives in New York and currently her live-in aide receives about $550 per week. Is that a good amount (including room, board)? Should she receive a raise each year and how much? She is given extra money for Christmas and birthday. I would appreciate your answers and thanking you...

Financial aide for convicted felons [ 5 Answers ]

I was convicted of possession of a stolen vehicle and have since became a productive member of society and want to better myself by going to school! Any help would be great!

Financial aide [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I receive aide to survive /to live/im newly out of a state prison

Sitting with seniors [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE AN ASHI APPROVED CERTIFICATION CARD 3 TO BE EXACT 1 FOR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS , 2. FOR BASIC FIRST AID 3. FOR AUTOMAted external defibillation can I get a sitting with elders job or something like that kind of work .

A/C on 97 Explorer blows warm/hot - aide mois! [ 2 Answers ]

The A/C system on my 1997 Ford Explorer has been odd for some time. At one time it would only blow cold, regardless of where the controls were set. Now it will only blow hot/warm, even when on Max A/C. Someone once fiddled about behind the dashboard through the opening of the glove...

View more questions Search