Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Tax rebate for seniors
    On the $300.00 tax rebate for social security seniors that make $3,000 or more
    Still have to file a tax return. Question is should they just fill in the line of income
    And send form SSA-1099. Or must they fill out the entire form. Because social
    Security income is unearned income in the first place. Or maybe there is a shorter
    Tax form, that does not go into much detail?

What do you think
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
    The guidance from the IRS as to what seniors must do to qualify for the stimulus checks is still being worked out.

I expect that a short filing form will be provided for this purpose.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 9, 2008, 08:42 AM
    We are all getting conflicting stories on this one... that is par to government regulations.

It will not hurt to file the 1040 short form for 2007 if in doubt. I don't think they know what they are doing yet.

The social Security office told me one thing and the IRS another.

Shirley
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:17 AM
    IRS has special Form 1040A for those who must file to get stimulus tax return. For instructions to filing 1040A read:

Your Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Stimulus tax rebate checks [ 5 Answers ]

Will non-resident aliens with H-1B visas get the currently discussed tax rebate checks as well that the government is going to send to taxpayer to stimulate the economy? I have been in the States for the last 4 working etc.

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

Tax Rebate for my Spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I was in US for the full year 2005 on L1 Visa and my wife could join me only in the month of Jan,2006 as she was expecting and the paper work for the new born in India could only be completed by Jan,2006. Can I claim tax exemptions for both of them.I don't have any SSN or ITIN for my spouse and...

View more questions Search