Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobob Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2006, 01:38 PM
    I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got v
    I am having a problem with my sons father we went to court feb 14, 2005 and he got vistitation threw the visitation center never went there and denied there services now almost a year later not see his child or not paying child support after being ordered 75.00 per week.
    I get a letter telling me I have to bring my baby to the visitation center on Friday 1/20/06 for him to take my son for the weekend. I denied there services and I am looking for a help on what I should do next and if I am going to get in trouble for not compling?? There are restraing oreder on him . That he has broke many times. I am stuck . Please can any one give me advice I am on a time crunch!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Lawyer
    Contact the attorney who did your divorce and counsel with them.

Why actoin not being taken against him for non payment, or has he now started paying??

Failure to supply the child for visitation can get you held in comtempt so you need your lawyer to file a motoin to have court rulings changed if you need visitation changed.

Jan 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Buti don't have a lawyer
    We were not married and did not have a lawyer before. About knowone going after him for childsupport I don't know I was getting assistance . I now work and am no longer getting help. I did just start revceiving ssi from his father but I do not know if that is child support?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
    Then instead of going to your divorce lawyer, which you never had, did you have a lawyer for the visitation court thing in Feb 2005? Perhaps he/she can help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 08:33 PM
    I guess
    I guess first we should ask what country you live in, since I don't know of any visitation centers anywhere around anywhere I have ever lived.

But you will need and actually should have had an attorney to deal with the custody and visiation of the child along time ago.
    But you can not go back and redue things, so get an attorney as soon as possible.

Jan 19, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Thank you I live in NH and I have retained an attorney I really appreciate all of you thoughts. Again thank you I will keep you posted..

Jody
    prinxess Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I am also not married and I have a daughter with my ex boyfriend. We do not have any custody battle at the moment. Is there any chances that my baby's father can fight for custody? I do not have child support fom him either? How much should I get if I had file for child support? And how does child support thing work?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hi,
    I am very, very glad you got a lawyer; now you can get some really good advice on how to proceed.
    In most states, not paying child support means one cannot have visitation rights!
    Your lawyer will advise you whether to let him see the child or not, and also what to do with the "restraining order" and how to enforce it against him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

2005 Honda Accord Leaking Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Every time it rains, my 2005 Honda Accord gets swamped with water. The water appears to come in through the front driver's side door and builds up to the point where it floods into the carpet in the back seat. :mad: Honda has had my car 4 times now and, supposedly, is doing everything to solve...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

My sons 91 Civic will not start after replacing rad. [ 7 Answers ]

My son bought a second hand civic. It needed a new rad and thermostsat. My friend and I replaced them and the car ran great... until I had to put it back in the garage and now it will not start. The battery is great, car has gas but still will not start. We didn't do anything but the rad and...

My sons problem [ 9 Answers ]

My son was seeing this girl and she ended up pregnant. They are not together anymore. She is still with her husband, which she told my son that they were separated. She had twins in December. She then called and told me and my son that the babies were born dead, so we went on with our lives. We...

View more questions Search