Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcthatgirl2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Treats me like a doormat
    Hi,
    Well this guy I no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. He only ever talks on msn. He seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason he's just awkward around me. He can't like me becoz he just cant. I always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even avoids eye contact with me. I odnt get it because I haven't done anything to him. What have I done wrong?? I'm nice to him and even comment him on myspace sometimes but he never acts like hardout friendly like he is with everyone else. I just don't get why he won't open up to me. I'm not like ugly or anything in fact he even said I was pretty and complimented me once but yet he still won't open up. Gahh y?? Help me!!
    Ahh
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
    He might just be shy around you because he is able to talk to you on msn etc he may feel kind of shy when he comes face to face with you as you know a lot about him that maybe the rest of the family don't.
    Have you asked him why he is this way when you see each other? Try explaining that you really would prefer it if he would be a little friendlier as it makes you uncomfortable and sad.

Mar 13, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Yeah I have talked to him about it and he admitted that he was shy sometimes. But he told me that there was nothing to talk about with me and that we are two different types of people. I took that as a bad thing and I was really upset about it. Is that just an excuse because ehe doesn't like me? I'm quite confused!
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Yeahhh he likes you, I got that problem as well, I can only talk to them via texts msn but then when you talk to them personally with eye contact it feels as if they are like reading our minds or sumfin (not really, but it's a giveaway)

So yeah... dont worry tooo much he'l open up soon

Mar 14, 2007, 03:31 AM
    That's just the thing I don't think he ever will . He won't even make eye contact with me. Its like I'm neverr good enuf for him. I don't get it. He says he is shy but then he talks to all these other girls what the hell?
    binnyliu Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 03:56 AM
    I think you should ignore him for awhile and see what he does... if he starts talking to you more or asks why you are ignoring him then he probably likes you but if he still continues being the way he is then maybe he's just a waste of time...

Mar 14, 2007, 04:05 AM
    I've tried ignoring him but it only lasted for a week. And he never seems to notice.. that hurts.. its like I mean nothing to him and he means so much to me.. it sucks. He is a bit of a player and somehow through all of his faults I still seem to like him. I don't want to I just do, I think he likes someone else, or at least she likes him a lot. It kills me

Mar 14, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Do you like him for him or because he's a player and a bit of a bad boy?

Mar 14, 2007, 04:27 AM
    I like him because at times he can be really nice and we get along and he shows glimmers of hope. I don't no I guess I just want him ! It irritates me that he doesn't want me

Mar 14, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Maybe you only want him because you can't have him... I find myself in that situation sometimes, and then sometimes when I got the guy I don't want him anymore and then feel guilty about it.
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 14, 2007, 10:06 PM
    He can talk to other girls because it doesn't feel as awkward as it is with you. Just get to know him more. That's all you really need even if it is chatting etc.

Mar 22, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Yeah I try but he just doesn't seem to want to know me. I don't get why its awkward around me?? What have I done apart from be nice to him seriously. Guys are so confusing gah

May 30, 2007, 12:48 AM
    I just am really confused at the moment. He commented me on myspace and was acting really nice to me and he has never been that polite before or initiated conversation, it was a real shock. I am so confused , I don't no what he wants from me, I thought he hated me and now he is talking to me. I am seeing him on Saturday for a family thing and I am so confused and I have no idea what to do I am reli stressing out! Please help!
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

May 30, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Sweetie, if you feel he treats you like a doormat and he feels like you're two different people who can't get toeghter, then change your doormat and put him on iggy on msn and my space. How can he be shy to you and not the other girls.
    Sweep him off your front porcha and find someone else. You sound cute lively and should have no trouble finding someon who'll love to make more than just eye contact with you.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 30, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smcthatgirl2
    hi,
    well this guy i no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. he only ever talks on msn. he seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason hes just awkward around me. he can't like me becoz he just cant. i always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even avoids eye contact with me. i odnt get it coz i havent done anything to him. wat have i done wrong??? im nice to him and even comment him on myspace sometimes but he never acts like hardout friendly like he is with everyone else. i just dont get y he wont open up to me. im not like ugly or anything in fact he even said i was pretty and complimented me once but yet he still wont open up. gahh y???? help me!!!!
    ahh
    Maybe you intimidate him?

Jun 3, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Hahaha that's funny because I think that I am the most unintimidating person! OK I don't think he likes me, I'll tell you why. Because last night my family and a few others including his and two of my friends went out to the movies. H was there and mine and his families were the first there, I tried to make eye contact with him but he just kept looking away like I wasn't even there. He kept walking away and avoiding me. Then we went to get some food in the mall and there was a seat opposite from me empty and he decided to sit opposite my mum instead of me.. . wat the hell? Then after we had eaten he left with his dad to go back home and watch the football. Um I think he hates me!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Well if you think so.

Why do you not say anything to him. Why do you not ask him.

If you continue this, Or he does. Without any communication then what do you expect.

I think maybe it is better just to let it go and move on.

Joe

Jun 3, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Thank you for your honesty.

Well I certainly do not have the confidence to ask him, and I have asked him why he never talks to me and he told me it was because we were two different types of people blah blah, but then why did he talk to me on myspace if he doesn't want to be friends with me? I don't no how many times I will have to ask him to get the truth. Believe me I have tried to move on but I just can't, I want to know what the hell he is thinking and what he wants from me. I hate not knowing things!
    Kayseecharters16 Posts: 10, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smcthatgirl2
    hi,
    well this guy i no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. he only ever talks on msn. he seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason hes just awkward around me. he can't like me becoz he just cant. i always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even avoids eye contact with me. i odnt get it coz i havent done anything to him. wat have i done wrong??? im nice to him and even comment him on myspace sometimes but he never acts like hardout friendly like he is with everyone else. i just dont get y he wont open up to me. im not like ugly or anything in fact he even said i was pretty and complimented me once but yet he still wont open up. gahh y???? help me!!!!
    ahh
    Heya babe its me kaysee he might just be don't talking to you cause he might like you and he prob don't want to tell you as he's most likely scared of what you would say and he might just be shy and not sure what to talk about and yeah that's the best advice for you at the moment but one more thing I want to say if he keeps on treating like what he is he's not even worth the time in the day of yours to even talk to we both know you have better things to do instead your wasteing your time so just wait a little while and see if he changes if not just move of you deserve to be happy and not always confused OK love you chat soon if needing anymore advice let me know I'm here for you night or day!. kaysee..
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Jun 4, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Yeah but he's being SOOoooo rude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mother-in-law treats my kids different [ 9 Answers ]

My mother-in-law treats my children different than she treats her bio grandchildren. I have been married to my husband for 9 years and together for 10 years and last christmas one of my sister in laws came up to me at a christmas party and asked " what was your daughters name again?"I thought that...

Is Propylene Glycol in your pet's food or treats? [ 9 Answers ]

If it is please read the definition Websters dictionary from 1948. It is: a sweet, colorless, viscous liquid made from petroleum and otherwise, used as an ANTIFREEZE, germicide, solvent, etc. Would you eat ANTIFREEZE? Please stop feeding it to your pets! It is also found in cake mixes, makeup,...

AM I a doormat? [ 15 Answers ]

Someone please advise me. Tonight the guy Im seeing asked me to go to his apartment. So I took my son and brought some games and dinner and the guy says "I will be back in 10 minutes I have to go to the store". This was at 9 pm. At MIDNIGHT I was like this is no good. SO I took my son in the...

Treats for 4 month old dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

I have two 4 month old dachshunds, and I feed them 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. I sometimes feed them a slice of apple in the afternoons, not everyday 3 or 4 times a week. Is there anything else in the way of people food that I can use as a treat. I'm not sure what is good for...

View more questions Search