Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxvickyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:05 AM
    He treats me different
    Hi,
    I am 12 and my dads first child, since then he had another child who is my half brother. Recently my dad and step mum fell out. I hardly get to see my brother. But my dad is always treating me differently to my brother in a bad way. PLEASE HELP ME TO GET MORE ATTENTION OFF HIM!! :mad: :( :confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Why don't you sit your dad down and explain to him how you feel about not getting a lot of attention from him. Tell him that you miss him and really enjoy his company. He probably doesn't realize what he is doing because of all the things that are going on in his life right now. He needs to realize that a lot of things are going on in your life as well! Just talk to him and tell him how you feel; he will understand and probably feel a little guilty about the way he has been treating you. Just remember to not "act out" or do bad things in order to get attention; doing things like this will only get you the wrong type of attention. Good luck!
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 10:11 AM
    First off, please don't rebel.
    Second, have you actually sat him down and asked him what his problem was?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mother-in-law treats my kids different [ 9 Answers ]

My mother-in-law treats my children different than she treats her bio grandchildren. I have been married to my husband for 9 years and together for 10 years and last christmas one of my sister in laws came up to me at a christmas party and asked " what was your daughters name again?"I thought that...

I'm 16 and my dad still treats me like I'm 6! [ 2 Answers ]

I had an argument with my dad today my mum was involved but my dad pretty much took control! I'm really upset and can't stop crying! My dad won't listen to me and doesn't realise how stressed I'm getting and how he takes his stress out on me all the time someone please help me my dad will not...

Treats me like a doormat [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well this guy I no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. He only ever talks on msn. He seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason he's just awkward around me. He can't like me becoz he just cant. I always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even...

Treats for 4 month old dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

I have two 4 month old dachshunds, and I feed them 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. I sometimes feed them a slice of apple in the afternoons, not everyday 3 or 4 times a week. Is there anything else in the way of people food that I can use as a treat. I'm not sure what is good for...

View more questions Search