Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xXxFLOxXx Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
    I'm 16 and my dad still treats me like I'm 6!
    I had an argument with my dad today my mum was involved but my dad pretty much took control! I'm really upset and can't stop crying! My dad won't listen to me and doesn't realise how stressed I'm getting and how he takes his stress out on me all the time someone please help me my dad will not listen even when we sit down and talk he tells me I don't have a say in this! IM 16 AND HE STILL TREATS ME LIKE IM 6!! He says to me I need to grow up I'm trying but how can I grow up if he don't let me!! :( :( :( :( :( :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Parents accepting and getting use to their children growing up is a hard change for parents, and often while they don't believe it, 16 years often act like 6 year olds ( not saying you are, but I know most certainly mine all did)

But basically at 16 no you don't have a say in anything if your parents say you don't, you are still a minor and basically have to do what your parents say.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Exactly what was the argument about, and is this the only argument your having with Dad??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pom pup not interested in treats! [ 21 Answers ]

I have tried numerous different treats and such to try and Train my Pomeranian, Gizmo, but he just doenst seem interested in anything! No pieces of turkey, no pieces of bologna, no actual dog treats will catch his attention. He just sniffs it and looks at you. I've even tried little pieces of...

Treats me like a doormat [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well this guy I no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. He only ever talks on msn. He seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason he's just awkward around me. He can't like me becoz he just cant. I always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even...

I'm 17 years old and I'm a mommy, my dad treats me like ! [ 6 Answers ]

:( Hi, well let me just tell you a little bitt about my dad, he's very hard headed and is closed minded! He is always talking all this mess about me under his breath or to my mom right in front of me! He says I'm lazy (which I'm not) I even help him do yard work! I do what I can to prove him wrong...

Treats for 4 month old dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

I have two 4 month old dachshunds, and I feed them 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. I sometimes feed them a slice of apple in the afternoons, not everyday 3 or 4 times a week. Is there anything else in the way of people food that I can use as a treat. I'm not sure what is good for...

View more questions Search