Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasong6693 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:10 PM
    b16a2 in delsol need to change the water pump
    What I would like to know is the easiest way to change my water pump in the del sol, can I just slide the belt off the pump and change the pump or is there more to it... thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong6693
    what i would like to know is the easiest way to change my water pump in the del sol, can i just slide the belt off the pump and change the pump or is there more to it.....thanks
    What year is your Honda?
    jasong6693 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Ita a 93 honda delsol
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Not that the year matters much. There are many steps :
    1. Drain cooling system into suitable container.
    2. Remove timing belt. *edit - even more steps for timing belt replacement *
    3. Remove water pump attaching bolts, then the water pump.
    4. Reverse procedure to install. Tighten water pump attaching bolts to specifications.

Unless you have experience with this kind of repair, you'd do better to take it to a qualified repair shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

B16a2 overheating and coolant is violently bubbling in overflow reservoir [ 1 Answers ]

My b16a2 in my delsol is overheating when I drive, I changed the thermostat, the coolant is full in the rad, the fan comes on when hot, there are no leaks, and there is no white smoke coming from tail pipe, does anyone know what the problem is... thanks!!

Honda Civic B16A2 engine will not start [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in a right pickle with this now. There is a strong spark. There is plenty of fuel coming in The distributor and map sensor has been replaced (and the ECU tests good too) The injectors are all getting power The main relay is clicking 3 times All I've been able to discover is that...

Installing a signal wire for a heat pump change over valve [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I just bought a house and I was thrilled when I saw that the outside unit was a heat pump (a Goodman ck36-1b model, to be exact). Well, today was the first day that we were to run the heat, and I noticed that the furnace kicked on immediately. "Strange," I thought, "doesn't the...

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search