Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessikarusk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 03:52 PM
    How to adopt a child who is your wife's?
    I have a daughter who is 5 and knows about her real father. However he never calls, and the only 3 times I have allowed him to see her. Every time the police have been called to his residence or after she was returned to me, CPS would be knocking on my door about something that has been reported about him. CPS has gave me strick instructions to not let me him see her. But now those instructions have been lifted.
    I am married for 5 years and am ready for him to adopt her and rady to give her his last name. She is our only child that does not have our last name. I want her to be recognized with her brothers in school.
    Her bio dads name is on the birth certificate, how do I go about having my husband adopting her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 03:55 PM
    You have your attorney draw up the adoption paper work that will include papers for the father to sign over his rights to the child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2012, 04:04 PM
    The bio father will have to agree to the adoption. If he doesn't, with the record with CPS, you may be able to get the court to allow the adoption. But you are going to need an attorney to process the paperwork properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's child no father on birthcertificate [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married since Sep 2000 and were living togeather in March of the same year. She has 2 children by two different fathers. The oldest one's father is in the picture and active in her life. The youngest 8 yrs old now, has never seen her birth father and has lived with me since...

How to adopt wife's child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old, and we live in Tennessee, my husband and I have been together for 9 yrs. The birth father's name is on the BC. My husband want to adopt my son. What are the best steps to take. I was never married to my son's dad.

How to adopt Thai wife's child and bring her to UK [ 5 Answers ]

I am a UK citizen and am planning to retire to Thailand in a few years, my Thai wife has a daughter aged 10 who would like to come and live in the UK to study for a few years. My wife has sole custody of the child. How do I go about adopting her so she can come here to study?

View more questions Search