Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scubaf250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 04:37 PM
    My computer won't download anything
    Hi guys I'm running xp on a dell precision M50 laptop. When I try to download anything the progress bar will go up a little then it will freeze at, lets say, 16% and won't go any more. Then I cancel the download and retry and it will go a little farther to maybe 23% and then stop again. But it doesn't always move forward. Some times it won't get as far the second time as it did the first time. I normally use Firefox but the situation is the same on any browser. Some times it will work its way out and download all the way and sometimes it won't. Its very very upsetting.:mad: :confused:

This maybe related and it my not but videos and music online won't play or load good eather. It will buffer but it won't buffer all the way so the video or song won't play all the way. Like on YouTube or on peoples myspace pages their song won't play all the way. Thank you all for your help!:D
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaf250
    hi guys im running xp on a dell precision M50 laptop. when i try to download anything the progress bar will go up a little then it will freeze at, lets say, 16% and wont go any more. then i cancel the download and retry and it will go a little farther to maybe 23% and and then stop again. but it doesn't always move forward. some times it wont get as far the second time as it did the first time. i normally use firefox but the situation is the same on any browser. some times it will work its way out and download all the way and sometimes it wont. its very very upsetting.:mad: :confused:

this maybe related and it my not but videos and music online wont play or load good eather. it will buffer but it wont buffer all the way so the video or song wont play all the way. like on youtube or on peoples myspace pages their song wont play all the way. thank you all for your help!:D

The first thing that comes to mind is to empty your cache. If you use IE, go to TOOLS on the taskbar at the top, done to Internet Options, and then press on "Delete Files" This will clear your cache.

For Firefox, go to TOOLS, OPTIONS and then CLEAR NOW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my computer does not download anything from the intenet? [ 9 Answers ]

When I try to download something(programs,files,music videos) nothing happens When I clic the link to download the file nothing happens, not even the window to download I used to be able to download program but now I can't do that I really need help for this. I use windows xp professional...

HELP! My computer won't boot! [ 3 Answers ]

My computer got extreamly messed up... virus' spyware and such.. I got most of it off or what I knew was there.. except for one virse cssrs.exe and I tried to reboot to finish... and it just kept going in a cycle of 3 screens.. so I turned it off.. and now it won't turn back on. The cpu's lights...

Failing to download videos onto my computer from my Sony DCR-TRV330 Camcoder [ 4 Answers ]

I am failing to see my camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV330) despite having loaded the USB driver for it. If I open the software that I am using to capture (MGI Viedo Wave III) including the standard moviemaker it says no video capture device has been detected. Can anyone help. I am beginning to wonder if...

Computer won't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I got windows xp media centre Version 2002 Service pack 2 My computer takes long to start up It will only show my wallpapper and no icons Sometimes it shows wallpapper and icons Once I start it it comes with

Computer doesn't support to download [ 1 Answers ]

HELLO! I want help from u. that my computer doesn't download anything from internet. Whether it is songs,videos etc. 2 days ago I deleted my history and temporary files. And then this problem held. Now please you help me as soon as possible?

View more questions Search