Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kernie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 09:27 AM
    concrete fountain repair leak prior to applying ceramic tile.
    I have a 2 piece concrete oval shaped base on my patio fountain, it has a 2 tiered pack panel that set in one long side of the base. It's approx. 5 years old and has developed leaks in numerous places in the base bowl and in the back panel. I would like to know what sealant (brushable preffered) that I can use to treat the area where the rust spots from the inner wire form is starting to show through. I want to apply 1 x 1, 2 x 2 and perhaps some 4 x 4 ceramic tile to the areas in the bowel below the water line and on the back panel in the flat areas.
    The original color in the cement was a pale violet and has since faded in many areas.
    Kernie

Check out some similar questions!

Repair concrete water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large 3 tiered concrete water fountain (4 foot diameter of bottom tier) that leaks in the bottom tier. I left it uncovered last winter and it got a large crack in the bottom tier. I have tried to fix it with concrete patch stuff but it didn't hold up and started leaking again. The...

Removing Concrete from ceramic tile [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have ideas about removing concrete mud from the back of ceramic tile. I have 50ish flamingo pink tile in my bathroom. I recently removed all the tile from 1 wall and managed to save enough of the tiles to fill in the area that was left open when the vanity was removed. Some of the...

Preping a concrete floor for ceramic tile [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to prep a concrete floor that had ceramic tile before, I removed it with a chipping gun and tried to skim all the high spots, but after the dust settled I notice that there are still high spots and low spots. Not to concerned about low spots because they can be filled in with...

Ceramic tile over concrete blocks [ 2 Answers ]

I need to tile over an old shower made of concrete blocks the kind used to build with. Do I need to use a glue, some type of sealer or what? I am using a cheap ceramic tile from Lowe's. Thank you for any ideas. Lorna

Ceramic tile over concrete [ 5 Answers ]

I am fixing to lay ceramic tile over my basement floor. Do I need to do anything special to the concrete to rough it up a little so the thin set will bond good?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.