Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ocean11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 09:29 AM
    BREAST leaking fluid like milk
    I am 29 yrs old female .I was wondering why I squeeze my breast some little amount of milk comes out .is that normal?I have no children.please help me
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I have 2 children so I have had breast milk, but I have never experienced this without being pregnant, or without just having delivered. But, I do know that some women experience this and it is just due to the hormones that are in their body.

Did you know some baby boys are born able to produce a small amount of breast milk? They get it from their mothers hormones. Just the same as you are getting it, from hormones :)

But, are you sure it is milk? Does it have a foul smell? Because the nipples can give a foul smelling discharge that can mean infection.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

It might be a condition called galactorrehea and it is usually caused by an excessive amount of estrogen (usually from birth control pills or other meds). You might have a problem with your pituitary gland. You should have your doctor take a sample to run test.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

If you are not pregnant, I would recommend calling your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 09:43 AM
    It is necessary that you contact your doctor.

Does it come out of one breast or both? When did you do your last breast self exam? Did you find anything?

Aug 1, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I have 2 children so I have had breast milk, but I have never experienced this without being pregnant, or without just having delivered. But, I do know that some women experience this and it is just due to the hormones that are in their body.

Did you know some baby boys are born able to produce a small amount of breast milk? They get it from their mothers hormones. Just the same as you are getting it, from hormones :)

But, are you sure it is milk? Does it have a foul smell? Because the nipples can give a foul smelling discharge that can mean infection.

There is no foul smell. I assume its milk because its white in colour
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 09:47 AM
    One breast or both? This is very important
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:48 AM
    If J_9 says to see a doctor, then you should do so. Like I said, I've seen it happen, and there was nothing wrong, but that's just me and I'm no professional. The nipples are able to discharge fluids other than milk. See your doctor, or at least call him to see if you should go in and be seen.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Listen to J_9 its important you call your dr this could be a signal for many under lying problems please get yourself examined by a professional.

Aug 1, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It is necessary that you contact your doctor.

Does it come out of one breast or both? When did you do your last breast self exam? Did you find anything?

IT comes out on both breast.I recently wwent 4 a breast exam early this yr
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
    It could be a number of things. One was mentioned above, another could be mastitis (infection of the mammary glands) and the worst (which I had) is cancer as well as others.

Please seek professional advice as your health is very important and we cannot diagnose over the internet without a proper medical history and physical exam.

Aug 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    One breast or both? this is very important

Both breast
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Do you do monthly self exams? It is NECESSARY to do monthly exams.

Are you on any medications? Some medications can cause lactation.

Please make a doctor's appointment.
    mommy522 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 12:55 PM
    I had a baby 16 months ago and now I am getting milk could I be pregnant but I had my tubal ligation done 2 months after having my baby but can I still get pregnant
    mommy522 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Comment on ocean11's post
    Just one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking clear fluid from breast [ 12 Answers ]

I've been leaking clear fluid from my breast and my breast are sore what can it be

Tanning and breast milk [ 1 Answers ]

Will laying in a tanning bed effect breast milk?

Saving breast milk [ 8 Answers ]

Is it possible to save breast milk after it has been given in a bottle feeding? Sometimes my granddaughter leaves an ounce or two in the bottle and I hate to throw it away. Must I?

Pumping breast milk [ 6 Answers ]

I am 30 weeks pregnant. My breast are so full that they leak. I have recently bought a breast pump, I plan to pump exclusively. I have read about storing breast milk. Can I begin pumping now? If yes, can I store what I pump, or is this not the kind of milk that the baby will need?

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

View more questions Search