Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasar Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 08:08 AM
    God - power or person
    Albert Einsteen agrees god as a power behind the universe, not a king or person. How god can live and behave with emotional feelings such as love and hate?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Did Albert Einstein Believe in a Personal God?

Albert Einstein was a Deist, someone who believes that there is a creator God who doesn't interfere in the afairs of mankind but remains aloof.

Einstein and God

Excerpt

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior Spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. The deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning Power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.

Albert Einstein

BTW
    In the Bible God is described as both powerful and capable of feeling emotions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nasar
    Albert Einsteen agrees god as a power behind the universe, not a king or person. How god can live and behave with emotional feelings such as love and hate?
    I don't know about Einstien, but the God that I understand is about love, and expects me to be.
    Jeenyus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:24 PM
    My belief, ever changing with more "wisdom" is that, if God exists, God would be hard to compare or sum up in a nutshell. Virtually impossible?

In a nutshell, what if God wasn't a person, but God is everything. All matter and anti-matter = God? It's a good discussion topic at least.

Most people, I think, believe that God is a singular entity with a brain, set of lungs, eyeballs, legs.. etc. Basically a human who is supposed to be an exemplary model of a perfect human with supernatural all consuming powers. But in a way, this seems to pigionhole God and it does seem kind of simple and silly to me.

I am not well versed on the bible or any other religious text. And I am not a part of a religion or practicing. But I hope there is something bigger in scope than this life and it comforts me to equate the thought of God with everything. God is. (I think that might be how the bible kind of puts it anyway, from what I remember.. )
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
    The best way for you to find out who GOD is, is to read the bible ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Just because Einstein was a genius and formed one of the most important physical theories of our time doesn't mean that he's any better at guessing than the rest of us :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 05:53 AM
    I think that human minds limit God, since they can not understand and want to put him in some earthly form, or show him in or with some physcial traits that we can identify with.

Why can he not be everything and all things, why can he not be the energy that holds our atoms together, can he not be the physcial matter that makes up all things, * He spoke all things into existence, so is he not the energy that makes it all up ?*
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 05:58 AM
    I don't think that God lives with emotional feelings, He gave us humans those feelings to deal with the life he gives us.
    nanajo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 14, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I don't think that God lives with emotional feelings, He gave us humans those feelings to deal with the life he gives us.
    I don't think he gave those feelings to us to learn to deal with the life wea re given pursay. I think he gave us those feelings so that we can try to learn to love and respect each other and to embrace the worled and life that we have given to ourselves

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

View more questions Search